Sorry, Canada. GM is shutting down 42% of their dealerships north of the border. [Bloomberg]

Comments

1. pecan 3.14159265 says:

That’s okay. Plenty of moose in Canada still.

/ has nothing against Canadians, just can’t resist making jokes about Canadians and mounties.

• wardawg says:

@pecan 3.14159265: It never occured to you that GM owns the moose dealerships up here too, right? Now I’m going to have to get an asian moose with an unsightly spoiler and spinners!

• m4ximusprim3 says:

@wardawg: My moose has kanji characters all down the side on the left flank, and I shoved a 3″ tailpipe down his tailpipe. He goes much faster now.

• Trai_Dep says:

@wardawg: I put a nitrous charger on mine.
        Big mistake: he’s sitting in my living room cross-legged, giggling. Snorting. Giggling… Nonstop.
        Please. Kill me now.

2. tongsy says:

Well, maybe when one of the ones closes near me I can get one of the cars I want for a decent price (Saab 92x)

3. Fuzz says:

Ya, I need a truck. Can I get a discount?

• Fresh-Fest-1986 says:

@Fuzz: I have a feeling their liquidation process isn’t going to have any great savings. They will shift their inventory around or if they do offer some “ALL CARS MUST GO” type sales they will be in auction house style, which we all know these days doesnt really mean any great savings.

Who knows though maybe they will crack.

• ageekymom says:

@Fuzz: Dealerships that are staying open may have deals. Local TV here in Michigan reported that the dealerships that are staying will get the inventory from the closing dealerships, so they need to sell the inventory they have before June 10th.

4. chenry says:

Well that explains where the Mews Chevy went.

5. Trai_Dep says:

I’ll miss the “Lick the lamp post and get a free undercoat” December promotions the most.
    Truth to tell, you had the same hilarious results when licking lamp posts anytime except for July & August, but when calling the Canadian fire department to unstick frozen tongues in December, they attach bells to the reindeer pulling their Fire Sleighs.

6. There's room to move as a fry cook says:

Toronto: Queensway/427
    Of the two, I suspect that Courtesy Chevrolet directly across from Humberview (ex Popham/Hearn) Pontiac will be the one to close.

7. m4ximusprim3 says:

Eh, GM’s all a bunch of hosers, dontcha know?

8. Leigh Grant says:

Whether you like GM or not that’s still a lot of people that might be unemployed. I hope they find new jobs fast.