Did you know that in California, if you ask the Subway sandwich mechanic (or whatever they’re called) to toast your sandwich, you’ll be charged a sales tax, whereas if you go untoasted you won’t? Crazy! Thomas Hawk says you should always order your coffee to go at California restaurants, even if you plan on drinking it there, to avoid a similar crazy tax. [Thomas Hawk] (Thanks to Glenn!)
By cwalters May 11, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Some Freebies And Discounts To Help You Get Through Tax Day
- Unhappy Subway Customer Hurls Sandwich, Soda, And Car At Employee
- Groups Call On Subway’s Sandwich Artists To Use Antibiotic-Free Meat In Their Masterpieces
- Subway: Watch It, Ladies, You Can’t Get Fat Before You Put On That Skimpy Halloween Costume
- Is Whole Foods Still Overcharging California Customers?