The House Subcommittee on Commercial and Administrative Law is currently holding a hearing on forced arbitration and credit cards, appropriately titled “Federal Arbitration Act: Is the Credit Card Industry Using It To Quash Legal Claims?” Our friends at Public Citizen will be testifying. You can view (or at least listen to) the Real Player stream here.
By alexchasick May 5, 2009
More From Consumerist
- In Wake Of Arbitration Report, Consumer Advocates Ask CFPB To Revoke Banks’ “License To Steal”
- Petition Demands Big Banks Give Consumers Back Our Right To Sue
- Marching Band Delivers Petition To Citi Asking Banks To “Revoke License To Steal”
- 58 Senators Urge CFPB To Create Rules Against Forced Arbitration Clauses In Financial Products
- CFPB To Consider Rules That Would Revoke Banks’ “License To Steal”