If you use Filefront, finish up your business with them and say goodbye before March 30th, because they’re shutting down. [filefront] (Thanks to RT!)

Comments

1. Chachoregard says:

Awwww, what happened with FileFront?! D:

2. discordance says:

I wanted to submit a comment, but I’m not a premium member.

The next available commenting slot will be available in … 5 minutes.

3. LastVigilante says:

Oh, dang. They were actually one of the only sites that didn’t make you wait in a ridiculous queue to download a file, or force you to pay-up for an account to download otherwise free files. I mostly used them for video game patches and add-ons.

Can we blame the economy for this too?

4. Yogurt Earl says:

Bummer,

5. Sian says:

Filefront was my fave of the big download sites because of their lack of bullshit policies. =(

6. tsume says:

Early April Fool’s joke, I hope… Filefront was the only good download site.

7. Kimli says:

Seems to be going around – Filecloud is closing down 03/31 as well. [www.filecloud.com]

8. Micromegas says:

Now where will I get obscure files without having to “wait in line” for 45 minutes before being able to download?

9. Meathamper says:

Note that they say “suspended indefnitely”… so hopefully they’ll come back strong when the businesses pick up.

10. cmhbob says:

Amusingly enough, the “Add” links at Filefront are still active…..

11. Anonymous says:

I was a member of the FileFront Gaming Forums since 2004, and a moderator since 2006, with over 6,000 posts. It was the first online community I ever joined, and certainly the one I have the strongest ties to.

It will be missed.

12. cmhbob says:

Hey, they’re back.

“FileFront has been acquired by the original founders of the site and will NOT be suspended as previously announced. This is NOT an April Fool’s Joke.

After learning about Ziff Davis Media’s plan to suspend FileFront at the end of March, the original founders of FileFront made the decision to buy it back from Ziff Davis Media. “