We have a new tipline czarina, Laura Northrup. She’ll be digging through your emails to firstname.lastname@example.org, thanking you for sending in tips, and pushing good stories to the editors. In due course, she’ll start contributing posts, too. We snagged Laura from the Albany Times Union, where she assisted consumer reporter Dan Higgins with his columns and posted on their consumer advocacy blog, The Advocate. A reformed professional librarian, she also owns several hamsters and has been known to engage in cheeky cross-stitching. Please join me in giving her a big Consumerist welcome!
Meet Your New Freelance Assistant Editor, Laura Northrup!
By Ben Popken March 23, 2009
More From Consumerist
- In Memoriam: John “Tax Dad” Northrup (1939-2015)
- Advocates Push NHTSA For Answers Regarding Airbag Recall, Remedy Effectiveness
- Lawsuit Accuses Comcast Of Making 9 Months Of Robocalls To Collect On Paid Bill
- When Comparing Colleges, It Would Help To Know If A School Is Under Investigation
- SCOTUS Ruling Means Millions Of Americans No Longer At Risk To Lose Health Insurance Subsidies