We have a new tipline czarina, Laura Northrup. She’ll be digging through your emails to email@example.com, thanking you for sending in tips, and pushing good stories to the editors. In due course, she’ll start contributing posts, too. We snagged Laura from the Albany Times Union, where she assisted consumer reporter Dan Higgins with his columns and posted on their consumer advocacy blog, The Advocate. A reformed professional librarian, she also owns several hamsters and has been known to engage in cheeky cross-stitching. Please join me in giving her a big Consumerist welcome!
Meet Your New Freelance Assistant Editor, Laura Northrup!
By Ben Popken March 23, 2009
More From Consumerist
- In Memoriam: John “Tax Dad” Northrup (1939-2015)
- What We Liked About 2014: The Editors’ Favorite Stories Of The Year
- Consumer Advocates Ask Congress To Please Consider Actually Helping Consumers This Term
- Egg Company Locally Laid Turns Complaint Letter Into Lesson About Sustainable Agriculture
- Advocates Push NHTSA For Answers Regarding Airbag Recall, Remedy Effectiveness