Canon PowerShot SD770IS 10MP For $159.99 (30% Off)

Spotted a good price on a Canon PowerShot SD770IS 10MP at Amazon for $159.99 – 30% off list price. [Amazon]

Comments

1. Plates says:

Could it be that it is such a good deal because it is a discontinued item?

2. RogueSophist says:

This is a good price for an excellent camera, but probably a harbinger of price drops to come with the awesome new models out shortly.

[i.gizmodo.com]

720P video in my Elph? Yes, please.

• alexawesome says:

@RogueSophist: With this particular model, you’re right. They stripped out some of the best features of a previous (and discontinued) model. I searched high and low and paid 75% off the original price for a refurb of that previous model. Worth every stinkin’ penny and I would have paid more.

3. Telekinesis123 says:

I’ve been looking to buy a digital camera but the never ending story of my relationship with Amazon.com:

Important Messages
    We’re sorry. One or more items can’t be shipped to your selected destination. Please sign in to change the shipping address or delete the item(s) from your order.

In 3 years I’ve never been able to buy one item from that site only be taunted by the deals, and Amazon.ca is no substitute, its selections *sucks* and it has no deals to even speak of compared to Amazon.com. Woe is me.

4. RockStarr says:

So deals are just going to be posted like this?

5. ogremustcrush says:

30% isn’t that good… I mean for something like a digital camera, 30% is a pretty good discount, but does it justify it’s own post? Now if it was a brand new camera, and this was Gizmodo, 30% would deserve a post. But for Consumerist, for a dedicated post, I expect at least 50% off MSRP.

Sorry for being a deal snob, I’m addicted to Slickdeals.

6. unpolloloco says:

It’s $120 at Sam’s (YMMV): [forums.slickdeals.net]

Or how about $160 for the 790IS: [accessories.us.dell.com]

7. poetry1mind says:

My thing is that it’s only a good deal if you need the damn camera

8. LatherRinseRepeat says:

I think the Canon SD1100 is a better deal (and a better camara than the SD770).

I think it’s currently selling for $150 on Amazon.

9. AllenK says:

This is somewhat off-topic,but has anyone ever had any experience with the Canon SD870IS?

That’s a steal on that camera!