Not content to just outsource their customer service, United is shutting down its phone center in India in April, instead relying wholly on written complaints. They claim they’ll be able to better respond to written complaints, but we know it’s just as easy to paste irrelevant advice and insincere apologies as it is to speak them.
By alexchasick February 11, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Report: Airlines Get A Lot Of Hate On Social Media, Especially The Big Ones
- Judge Throws Out United’s Lawsuit Against “Hidden City” Airfare Site Skiplagged.com
- New United CEO Apologizes For 5 Years Of Merger-Related Problems
- United Passenger Leaves iPad On Plane, Has Joyful Reunion With Airline’s Help
- United Airlines Creates “Essentials,” “Enhanced” Bundles For Extra Legroom, Checked Bags