Both the president and plant manager of the Peanut Corporation of America refused to answer any questions at the hearing, citing Fifth Amendment protections. One congressman held up a jar of recalled products, wrapped in police tape, and asked if either would be willing to eat any of the products. They declined to answer. (Photo: C-SPAN)
By alexchasick February 11, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Two More Peanut Company Employees Sentenced To Prison For Deadly Salmonella Outbreak
- Can Police Force You To Unlock Your Phone With Fingerprint?
- Former Peanut Co. Exec Gets 28 Year Prison Sentence For Salmonella Outbreak Tied To 9 Deaths
- Former AIG CEO Wins Lawsuit Claiming Bailout Was Illegal, But Gets No Payout
- Takata “Deeply Sorry” To Those Affected By Defective Airbags, Still Reluctant On Nationwide Recall