Both the president and plant manager of the Peanut Corporation of America refused to answer any questions at the hearing, citing Fifth Amendment protections. One congressman held up a jar of recalled products, wrapped in police tape, and asked if either would be willing to eat any of the products. They declined to answer. (Photo: C-SPAN)
By alexchasick February 11, 2009
More From Consumerist
- How Corporations Got The Same Rights As People (But Don’t Ever Go To Jail)
- Can Police Force You To Unlock Your Phone With Fingerprint?
- ConAgra May Face Federal Misdemeanor Charges For 2007 Tainted Peanut Butter Case
- Former Peanut Butter Moguls Found Guilty Of Knowingly Shipping Contaminated Food
- Organic Peanut And Almond Butters Recalled For Possible Salmonella