ASAP Van Lines, a moving company we’ve covered in the past for alleged abuses against customers, has changed its name to Chicago Moving Systems. You have been warned. [MovingScam.com] (Thanks to Christopher!)

Comments

1. Orv says:

Are there any moving companies that *aren’t* run by crooks?

• nrich239 says:

@Orv: I recently moved (last spring) and the moving company that was hired was outstanding.
      Crofutt & Smith ([www.crofuttsmith.com])

Maybe because it was a corporate move but I was really pleased with their service.

• oneliketadow says:

@nrich239: Seconded. My employer paid for my last two moves they were great, well except for the most recent when someone took my PS2. They did replace it though.

• Rhayader says:

@Orv: The ones that aren’t crooks are the expensive ones. I guess it all depends on whether you consider charging a higher price to be thievery.

So I guess if you have a company pay for it, you might end up with a good experience. I think this is in line with the other two replies in this thread.

2. homerjay- Smiling politely says:

Chicago?? Thats where Obama’s from! This is change we CAN believe in! :)

3. oneliketadow says:

What the hell is up with having to accept Terms of Service to read the article from that site? Screw that.

4. Rhayader says:

Ahh, the name change. The last option for a crappy business.

For more, see The Wire season 2.

Also, stay the hell away from moving companies.

5. Anonymous says:

It was very upsetting to me (Shenobi) to go through this ordeal. What added salt to the injury was the fact you gave this company a voice by allowing them to give moving tips? Outrageous.

They admitted nothing, denied everything and instead made counter accusations against me and my family members involved in this move.

There is nothing more awful than being unfairly attacked.

My experience with the Consumerist was disappointing and my son who was a loyal reader and contributor was so disgusted he left and never returned. I followed his foot steps and rarely visited here until recently reading about the name change to the ASAP Moving company. I thought it was important to bring the name change to your attention, thankfully Chris did that for me (THANK YOU CHRIS!!!).

In the meantime, the former ASAP Van Lines Moving company continues to victimize good people – you gave them a voice Ben – nice going.