No more DHL for you, America. They’re cutting 9,500 jobs and suspending domestic mailing operations. This leaves the shipping field back to UPS, FedEX and the USPS. However, you can still ship with DHL internationally from the US, so no need to fret that you can’t keep sending those care packages to Cuba and North Korea.
DHL Cuts 9,500 Jobs, No More Shipping Inside US
By Ben Popken November 10, 2008
More From Consumerist
- Today Is The Biggest Shipping Day Of The Year
- Amazon & DHL Testing Delivery To Customers’ Car Trunks
- FedEx Increasing Some Shipping Rates Just In Time For The Holiday Season
- Should The USPS Open Up Mailboxes To All Kinds Of Deliveries?
- Package With $4,000 Worth Of Electronics No Match For USPS Carrier’s Chucking Abilities