Daylight Saving Time Ends November 2nd

We just wanted to remind you, in case your electronics didn’t get the message, that Daylight Saving Time ends this Sunday, November 2nd at 2:00 a.m. local daylight time.

In case you’re interested the official “rules” are:

On the second Sunday in March, clocks are set ahead one hour at 2:00 a.m. local standard time, which becomes 3:00 a.m. local daylight time. On the first Sunday in November, clocks are set back one hour at 2:00 a.m. local daylight time, which becomes 1:00 a.m. local standard time.

Daylight Time
(Photo: laffy4k )

Comments

1. Red_Flag says:

Whoa, this had completely fallen off my radar.

Might need to tweak some weekend plan scheduling to make sure my colleagues and I are all on the same page.

2. SadSam says:

Boo, hiss, I vote for daylight savings year round!!

3. novacthall says:

I have an alarm clock that automatically sets itself for DST. Funny thing is, this clock was made before the goons in Washington decided to change the rules. With no way to update the firmware, I’m stuck changing the time back to normal when it rolls over to false DST, and then changing it myself when the real DST hits.

• Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg says:

@novacthall: I think we’ve got the same clock:

When I first got it, I didn’t realize that it was pre-programmed – I thought it got the time from the wireless networks because it also automatically resets itself after a power outage.

4. little stripes says:

I live in Arizona, so muahahaha, I don’t have to deal with this shit. Well, I don’t have to change any clocks. It DOES make doing business difficult, because I always forget what time it is everywhere for like, two months following the change. And, as I grew up RIGHT on the AZ/Cali border … ugh.

5. Tallanvor says:

And for those of us in Europe, well, we changed on 10/26.

6. Gopher bond says:

And yet they’d never let the bars stay open another hour when I was in college. Fascists!

7. LatherRinseRepeat says:

Has anyone heard any news in regards to switching DST back to the old schedule? I do recall reading some reports that the extended DST schedule that Congress and GWB signed into law didn’t actually save any more energy.

8. Cruc says:

Little Stripes-at least you can adjust your clock’s time: as my (nice) Sony CD player/alarm clock uses the atomic clock sync to set the time, it doesn’t have any ability to change the time at all manually-none! Of course, it too has stuck firmware that changes weeks earlier. (I have to adjust my alarm time!)

Yea, why bother adding the ability to change time on an alarm clock (I won’t bother to complain on the DLS silliness.)

C-

9. Cruc says:

Oops-my earlier post meant for Novacthall.

C-

10. Swizzler121 says:

dang! your title is misleading! I Thought you meant “ends” as in forever. I was about to hop up and dance.
    could you change it to “rolls back” or a less misleading title?

11. quirkyrachel says:

Good bye DST! Hellooooo Seasonal Affective Disorder.

12. AMetamorphosis says:

Good, I need more hours of sunlight …

13. rpm773 says:

Those of you pooh-poohing DLS are either ignorant of or are forgetting that the best morning of the year is Monday, when you’re getting up an hour early but don’t feel tired!

I ride that feeling clear on through to Thanksgiving.

14. Parting says:

Stupid daylight savings… Grrr.. They should have settled in the middle, half an hour ALL YEAR LONG!

The number of cranky tired people, AND accidents on the roads, since sleeping schedules were completely fucked up and the body needs at least a week adjusting…

15. pschroeter says:

I like more daylight in the evenings for March, but the one week later change to DST in the fall means the kids in our neighborhood are trick-or-treating in the twilight hours which is the worse time for them to be walking around traffic.

16. Lepoth says:

Wow, I didn’t know it was this early. I guess this means an extra hour of Fallout 3 for me!

17. gymtonic says:

Since I live in the UK, we already switched, but I have a question, why do we change forward/backwards at 2:00AM?
    Why couldn’t we just change them at midnight?

18. JollyJumjuck says:

We progressed from the horse and buggy.
    We progressed from gas lamps.
    We progressed from coal furnaces in every home.
    We progressed from telegrams.
    Why can’t we do away with this archaic practice of time change? Settle on one time and LEAVE IT ALONE.

19. CapitalC says:

It was created for the farmers … yet the farmers don’t use it. What gives? Can’t the technologically advanced civilization move on? :rolleyes: