Beware The CEO Panhandlers

Enjoy your weekend, and mind your pockets when you’re out and about.

“I Am Going To Be Small” by Jeffrey Brown, via Neatorama

Comments

1. ViperBorg says:

Street level target practice.

Let the CEO Punch-In-The-Face Games begin!

2. azntg says:

Thanks for the PSA! Will do!

3. trujunglist says:

More like “hey man, can you spare $36 billion” but hey, who’s counting at this point?

4. Segador says:

I’ll just take the $400k “retreat” on the taxpayer’s dime.

5. IrvCrapper says:

Ha ha! That’s funny. Add to the CEOs all the people that Gawker fired.

Funny!

6. MayorBee says:

Wanda Sykes has a bit about the whole Enron thing vs. walking through the projects at night. She says “You get mugged, you might lose what you got on that DAY. But I ain’t never been mugged of my FUTURE.”

7. lostsynapse says:

HOLY &*(# Main Street Failed!!!
    [www.fdic.gov]
    Ok, just a really small bank named Main Street. Guess I panicked for no good reason.

8. mechanismatic says:

The best panhandling sign I’ve ever seen was, “Bet you can’t hit me with a quarter.”

I guess the CEO version is, “Bet you can’t hit me with a gold brick.”

9. Cliff_Donner says:

Allegory – – – or I just like “Migraine Boy”???

10. humphrmi says:

Does anyone here think that they can make CEO pay more reasonable? For instance, buy up stock in a company and then as a shareholder make the CEO take a reasonable pay package?

Just asking…

• TechnoDestructo says:

@humphrmi:
      The problem is you pretty much need to have the same kind of money that they do in order to get that kind of control. And even then you’d probably never be able to do more than one or two companies.

The fact that high-level executives can make gobs of money without ever really having a stake in the long-term (or in some cases, even short-term) health of their company is one of the biggest (but not the only) causes of EVERYTHING WRONG WITH THE ECONOMY EVER. It is a problem that only government (or maybe a killing decades-long “in the long run we’re all dead” depression) can solve. Maybe it can be done just with threats? There’s no time like the present.

What we have now is a perversion of the capitalist ideal of risk-and-reward. There is no risk being taken, but tremendous reward being granted. The free market cannot protect the very ideals that are invoked to protect the free market.

• IrvCrapper says:

@humphrmi:
      Yeah. Sue the fuckers running the corporation for not doing that which is in the stock holders’ best interests.

11. G-Dog says:

Jeffrey Brown is a cool guy. Too bad I’m going to miss him at the Windy City Comicon.

12. banmojo says:

Nice!

13. fallstreet says:

The disgraced AIG CEO got a $16 million golden parachute and another fired executive is earning $1,000,000 per month as a consultant for doing nothing. I would switch lives with them in a second!

14. Ben Popken says:

250K? Interesting choice of numbers, that’s what they just raised the FDIC-insurance limit to.