I Am Going To Kick Your Ass Unless You Get Life Insurance

The expression on the little guy’s face in this banner ad seems say, “I’m gonna kick your ass unless you get some freakin’ life insurance.” Maybe even throw in a “sucker” at the end there. Seriously, what’s his deal? He’s sooo angry!

Comments

1. EyeHeartPie says:

Every day you go without life insurance, Jesus kills a goat. Save the goats.

2. U-235 says:

Now if they REALLY wanted to sell life insurance they should mimic DirectTV and splice old movies with promotions for their produc – except with horror movies. Nothing says ‘you might die at any moment’ like Jason Voorhees.

3. Jevia says:

Well, about 5 weeks ago, my husband and I applied for life insurance with AIG. We’re still in the ‘waiting to be approved’ stage. Who knows if there will even be an AIG to approve us, and if so, whether we should stick with it, if the company might not be around soon. At least we haven’t paid anything yet.

• @Jevia: Yeah, AIG is a little busy right now.

• teh says:

@Jevia: Marketplace Money had a segment on this not to long ago. Their advice for policy-holders was not to worry as any existing policy would be honored.

• Richard Hancock says:

@Jevia: AIG Insurance is doing fine. AIG Corporate is in trouble. Once a policy is approved though, it is covered under the reserve system. If the company goes bankrupt, your policy is covered by the rest of the industry.

That being said, if it is a cash surrender value type policy and the company goes under, you lose what little cash is in the policy. This applies to US policies. Canada has a different system.

4. MercuryPDX says:

Maybe even throw in a “sucker” at the end there.

I was thinking he’s more of a “fool!” type guy….

5. Angryrider says:

This kinda invokes racism for me.
    The boy’s threatening his parent to get life insurance, and if there is… Inner city youth gonna collect that money.

Dag you Insurance Company!

6. My wife and I bought a quarter million policy. I told her that if I die, she should be able to assuage her grief with a $250,000 Ann Taylor gift card.

(And if she dies, everyone’s invited over to check out my new 200 inch projector screen)

We like to keep it light and morbid around our place…

• badhatharry says:

@InfiniTrent: After I bought my wife’s policy, I started trying things like playing “toaster catch” while she is in the bath, and “betcha that snake isn’t poisonous” while out on extended hikes.

7. It’s a contrast to the AIG commercial where the kid gets up in the middle of the night all worried about his WASP parents’ finances and they tell him “don’t worry, we have AIG.”

Bet they have something to worry about now!

8. badhatharry says:

I’m guessing he’s banking on that life insurance money to tape his ears back.

9. kaosfive2005 says:

ll lks lk mnky

10. thatgirlinnewyork says:

i’m sure you meant “uppity”, ben–in this election year, no other word would suffice.

11. Kurt's Krap says:

Obama was so cute as a kid

12. ElizabethD says:

“Buy insurance or I’ll cut a bitch!”

13. JTK says:

I wonder if the life insurance companies are really getting desperate because people are getting wise to the fact that unless you have someone utterly dependent on you (and I don’t buy that funeral money stuff they say in those ads) it’s just a scam. I have nobody that’s absolutely dependent on me or who will be seriously hurt financially by my death so I haven’t even thought twice about life insurance and I’m betting more and more people are waking up and realizing the same thing so the life insurance companies are paying out to spouses/heirs of a large dying generation and struggling to get new customers.

• Rectilinear Propagation says:

I don’t buy that funeral money stuff they say in those ads

@JTK: I hate the way they act like you’re going to put your kids into a huge amount of debt if they don’t have the money for a funeral.

I can’t remember her name but as a comedian once said, “Society hates a rotting corpse”.

• Richard Hancock says:

@JTK: Funerals cost on average between $6k and $15k right now. Less if you go the really cheap route or get cremated. The thing with a funeral, someone will pay for it. They wont even allow the service till someone commits to paying it.

Although insurance in general is a scam (the only product that one purchases with the intent of never using it), some are more scams than others.

I still suggest people have enough coverage to burry themselves. I’ve seen personally what happens when when someone dies without coverage. Almost bankrupted 2 families to cover the medical and burial.

14. atomicovaries says:

Haha, I saw this the other day and laughed; my brother used to make that same face when he was pretending to be mad, so the kid doesn’t at all look angry to me!
    ..but yeah, seriously, guilt tripping people into buying life insurance, what the hell.

15. @ madamdalriada:

Let’s just say he’s both and call it even.

16. RandomHookup says:

I love people who try to sell me life insurance:

Any dependents? No

Any likelihood of gaining any dependents? No

Any major debts you want satified when you croak? No

Do you need money to pay for your funeral? No

Why would I want to pay extra to leave my siblings a bigger estate? I expect to be cremated and buried in the back yard. They can spend whatever’s left on all the hookers and blow they want. Before last week, it would have been a party of grand scale. Now, not so much.

• mike says:

@RandomHookup: Life insurance is great if you have a mortgage and a family. But make sure you’re good with the spouse. Otherwise, they might kill you and get the insurance money.

• Richard Hancock says:

@RandomHookup: First, life insurance proceeds if paid to person are not part of your estate.

You are right though, if you have no dependents of any kind, no cosigners on any of your debt, and no plans for a family. You essentially don’t need life insurance. That being said, it is still a good idea to have a small policy on the rare off chance you contract a terminal disease.

Again, you don’t need it, but it is still a good idea.

17. Richard Hancock says:

I wonder if anyone has realized that is an ad for a broker and not for an insurance company?