Morning Deals

• Woot: Reebok Precision Trainer XT Heart Rate Monitor with Chest Strap for $19.99
  • Circuit City: California Only – all items tax-free Aug 9-10
  • Commerce Bank: Kids can earn $10 by reading ten books

Highlights From Dealhack

• Buy.com: Seagate 500GB USB 2.0 Drive $89 Shipped
  • B&H Photo: Sharp 1024×768 DLP Multimedia Projector $519 Shipped
  • Shop Adidas: Back to School Sale: Save 20% off Apparel & Shoes

Highlights From Bargainist

Comments

1. theblackdog says:

I bought the monitor during a woot-off, it is totally worth it. Just don’t forget to wet the strap first before you wear it or else it can’t get a reading.

2. tedyc03 says:

Is tax0 anything like tax?

3. @theblackdog: I find that once you build up a little sweat, it works amazingly. I don’t pre-wet mine, but let my warm up wet it for me. It usually only takes about 45 seconds for it to go from no/intermittent readings to accurate.

4. lodleader says:

Seagate Hard Drive from Newegg – [www.newegg.com]

5. puffyshirt says:

@Git Em SteveDave displays attention-grabbing vanity: i just bought the strap, so thats really good to know. i was disappointed about missing out a few months ago. the polar ones easily run 4x as much, excluding shipping.

6. theblackdog says:

@Git Em SteveDave displays attention-grabbing vanity: That’s true too, I just know that some people don’t sweat quickly enough for that to happen.

7. orielbean says:

Heart Monitor works very well. TO me, the best part is how it beeps at you when you move too far above or below your target workout heart rate. It’s a great way to keep from overdoing it and hurting yourself.

8. @theblackdog: If you’re not sweating, you’re not warming up. You need to ::smacks hands:: pump it up! j/k. But seriously, it doesn’t take much moisture to get the right connection, so if it doesn’t take right away, a wet finger will more than establish the signal it needs.

@orielbean: It also “learns” about your heart rate and adjusts your “zone” which is cool. I listen to music when I walk and bike(my work outs), and I’m also too dumb to figure out what the beeps mean or how to read the watch, so the beeping doesn’t help me. I mostly use it to stay in a zone by checking it. I love that it comes with a mount for the handlebars of your bike.