Friday Consumerist Flickr Pool Finds

Here are five special photos that readers added to The Consumerist Flickr Pool this week, chosen because they’re both neat and could possibly be used in a Consumerist post. Our Flickr Pool is the place where Consumerist readers go and upload photos for possible use in future Consumerist posts. Just be a registered Flickr user, go here, and click “Join Group?” up on the top right, and start hitting “send to group” on your individual photos you want to add to the pool.

Title: “Sam, Sam, the Gorilla Man”
By: BohPhoto

By: Kevin Dean

Caption: “Thanks to these lil red guys, I’m able to deal with the pain in my hip while I’m getting it worked on. Hopefully soon I’ll be able to climb stairs normally, run, and maybe even box again.”
By: darabidduckie

Title: “Chuck Array”
By: spinadelic

By: speezer9999

Add your shots to The Consumerist Flickr pool, and perhaps they’ll get featured in a future story, or even highlighted in a Friday Consumerist Flickr Pool Finds post. See previous winners of the Friday Consumerist Flickr Pool finds here.

Comments

1. DrGirlfriend says:

That’s funny, because I work for bananas.

2. brent_r says:

Was the photo of /b-tards really necessary?

3. theblackdog says:

@brent_r: I thought they were Paultards.

4. meepers says:

@theblackdog: They can be two things!

5. elevenoverzero says:

@brent_r:
    Not all of Anonymous are /b/tards. Activism is sexy again.

6. brent_r says:

@elevenoverzero:

A protest group based upon religious intolerance … consisting entirely of internet nerds who are afraid to show their face.

!=

Activism is sexy again.

7. candy says:

@brent_r: Yeah, a “religion” that harasses former members and other people who publicly criticize it…that relentlessly sues magazine and book publishers that publish critical works about it….that implemented a plan called Operation Freakout, designed to discredit and harm a woman who wrote a book criticizing it (Google Operation Freakout + Paulette Cooper)….No wonder those “internet nerds” want to protect their identities! The problem isn’t religious intolerance, it’s that L. Ron Hubbard’s scam is called a religion.

8. brent_r says:

You could find equally shocking things to say about Christianity (Catholic priests & boys?), Islam (Rioting over a cartoon?), and all other religions.

I find Scientology as ridiculous as the next person.
    But that doesn’t change the fact that it’s religious intolerance.

9. brent_r says:

And going from the assertion that Scientology shouldn’t be called a religion.

If “anonymous” really wanted to make a difference then they would go through the proper legal channels and have it’s status as a religion challenged.

But I think it’s clear they are more interested in making a spectacle and attention whoring while fufilling some desperate need to feel like they are “part of something” edgy.

10. WEGGLES90 says:

@brent_r:

Bah, they’re not /b/tards. They’re somehow… worse. They say they care about the victims of scientology, but really its for the lulz and fun of raiding IRL… like the habbo raids, but not on the internet.

11. I want to do that mousetrap thing… Not the most constructive way to spend $100 though.
    @elevenoverzero: I did something similar in college. I used a huge rat trap. Where the trigger is, I wrapped wire around the latch and catch, so they could never come apart. It was almost invisible, so people never caught on. I then folded a bill so an end edge would fit under the little triangle that sticks up to hold the bait. I taped the bill from the underside so it couldn’t be knocked loose. I left this in my dorm room and people would come by and hit it with pencils and pens to try to set the trap and get the bill. The braver people would attempt to tap the bill with a finger. I think I might do this again for my desk at work.

As for picture one: A banker in a gorilla suit is still a banker.

12. Rectilinear Propagation says:

What’s going on in the last photo?

13. @Rectilinear Propagation: A protest against Scientology. From what I gather, after Scientology had YouTube yank the video with Tom Cruise saying he had powers, some people got pissed at the power they wield, and decided to protest against them and expose their evilness. Hijinks, of course, ensued and continue to ensue.