Good news for travelers: If you’re bumped from a flight, you soon may be eligible to get up to $800 in compensation. This is up from the previous max of $400, an amount that had not been raised since 1978. [CNNMoney via Consumer World Blog]
More From Consumerist
- U.S. Airlines Were Tardy, Bumped More Passengers And Lost A Bunch Of Bags In 2014
- If You Have A Reason To Go To Cuba, You Can Now Bring Cuban Rum And Cigars Back To The U.S. With You
- Should Airlines Be Required To Find Stranded Travelers Flights On Competitors’ Planes?
- GM Ignition Switch Death Claims Inch Higher Again; 29 Deaths Now Tied To Decade-Old Defect
- GM Compensation Fund: Approved Death, Injury Claims Likely To Rise Following Onslaught Of New Submissions