Blockbuster has offered to buy Circuit City for a little over $1 billion, with the goal of creating “a chain that could sell portable devices and entertainment for them, much like Apple Inc.’s stores.” [Chicago Tribune] (Thanks to everyone who sent this in!)
By cwalters April 14, 2008
More From Consumerist
- Why Don’t Device Manufacturers Just Start Leasing Phones To Consumers?
- Report: Amazon Wants To Buy Some RadioShack Stores, Too
- Circuit City Is Returning From The Dead: Yes, Again
- Is The RadioShack Brand Name Even Worth Anything?
- What Will Comcast Do With The $45B It Couldn’t Spend Buying Time Warner Cable?