Being self-employed can be a source of personal satisfaction, but also headache, especially when it comes to doing one’s taxes. Fortunately, there’s an extremely lucid step-by-step guide posted over at E-How. They’ll walk you through everything you need to do, from determining your status, to your expenses and deductions. The guide points out important things to remember, like the extreme importance of using exact numbers when claiming deductions. Rounded numbers might be easier to add, but they’re also a red flag to IRS auditors (if you learn nothing else from Girls Gone Wild, let it be this).
Self-Employed? Here's How To Do Your Taxes
By consumerist.com January 21, 2008
More From Consumerist
- How To Verify Your Identity In Case The IRS Suspects Suspicious Tax Return Activity
- Taxpayer Advocate Concerned About IRS Plans To Move More Support Online
- Undercover Investigation Finds Serious Problems With Paid Tax Preparers
- From The Heart Or Wallet: Get The Most Of Your Last-Minute Charitable Donations
- How Do You Get Your Tax Refund Back When Someone Steals It?