Inspired by Radiohead’s recent digital experiment, British violinist Tasmin Little is releasing her next album online for free, sans DRM shackles. “I’ve done this with no intention of making money… I want to make [classical music] more accessible.” We think Radiohead should borrow a page from Little in return and put hilarious Glamour Shots on their “In Rainbows” website. [Reuters]

Comments

1. BoorRichard says:

What is hilarious about the glamour shots?

Perhaps I am in love …

2. DrGirlfriend says:

Yeah, some pictures of Thom Yorke lovingly cradling his instrument might really boost sales.

3. hoosier45678 says:

Radiohead didn’t release it for free. They let the purchaser decide what it was worth, IIRC.

4. Mr. Gunn says:

Link’s dead, nothing in Google Cache, however, GIS for Tasmin Little turns up what is probably the same material.

5. Chris Walters says:

@Mr. Gunn: Fixed with (hopefully) better links—although I’m not sure Tasmin’s site has the capacity to withstand the extra media attention she’s been getting the past few days.

6. infopubs says:

Hard to take a classical musician seriously when she’s using cleavage shots on her website.

7. BStu says:

What? Classical musicians are supposed to wear burkas now? I don’t really get why she should dress down to play classical music. That’s hardly unusual attire for a fairly conventionally attractive woman. She doesn’t get to be attractive and play classical music? I don’t like it when classical music rewards performers just for looking pretty, but that doesn’t mean we should punish them.

And seriously, her promo shots look fine. Though personally I like her slightly older ones where she has this 1940’s glamour thing going on.