Turkey subs from Subways in Manhattan now cost $11.03! [East Village Idiot]

Comments

1. Jaysyn was banned for: http://consumerist.com/5032912/the-subprime-meltdown-will-be-nothing-compared-to-the-prime-meltdown#c7042646 says:

Wow. I think the drink is cheaper, but the sandwich is twice as much as they are here in Florida.

2. Solly says:

@Jaysyn:
    Your foot long subs are less than $3.90? Here in NC 6″ subs are in the $3 to $4 range.

3. plim says:

knowing manhattan, i have to ask, is that a 6 inch or foot long?

4. scampy says:

Also keep in mind that the people that waor at Subway in Manhattan probably make $12 an hour or so. It is all relative. The same meal where I live is about $7.00 but the emplyees make about $8.00 Its all about cost of living. I get $20.00/hour for the job I do but in Manhattan the exact same job pays approximately $38.00/hour. So basically you make more and spend more.

5. c0nsumer says:

Actually, that’s $7.81 for a turkey sub.

Tack on $1.49 for a soda, $0.88 for chips, and $0.85 for sales tax and you’ve got the $11.03.

6. crnk says:

@c0nsumer: Yeah, I knew something wasn’t right, either. Sure, the meal cost $11, but he didn’t need the coke, chips, or extra tax from those. It might still be $8.50, but the title of this is a bit misleading.

7. Canadian Impostor says:

Who eats at Subway?

8. theblackdog says:

The question is, why are you buying food from a chain restaurant in New York?

9. Morton Fox says:

It’s only about a dollar and change more. Footlongs are already $6 out here in the Northern NJ suburbs. If I get those at all, I’ll use a coupon.

10. trollkiller says:

Wow a Sub costs a whole $2.12 more in NY, but the chips are 11 cents cheaper. Drink prices are the same. For a grand total … drum roll for effect … $2.01 difference.

I hope this guy never takes a trip to see the Mouse, he will have heart failure at those prices.

11. Oshawapilot says:

I don’t eat at Subway anymore – I remember when the cold cut combo was $4.27 (after taxes) here in the Toronto area, but now it’s over $6.50 by itself.

If you want anything fancier then a cold cut (God forbid, Steak or whatnot) plan on paying in the range of $10 for the sub alone.

I now deal with the smaller mom-and-pop sub stores. There’s one near my work where I can get a footlong assorted with all the fixings AND a can of pop for $5, taxes included.

At least when the Sub Club was in existance I felt like I was eventually going to get rewarded for being raped on the cost of the food, but with that being history now as well, I see no incentive left whatsoever to frequent their locations any longer.