Walmart's Nazi Tshirts Found In Outlet Stores

Ever wonder what happened to all those shirts Walmart pulled off their shelves for containing a disgusting Nazi symbol? Well, some of them can be found in a Florida Beall’s Outlet store for $4.99.

“Original walmart price sticker and UPC still attached,” writes tipster Chad.” They seem to have a lot of em…”

What happens to the other products Walmart recalls, like lead children items, or cans o’ Botulism beans? Are they destroyed, or just offloaded to discount stores?

nazishirttttttttt.jpg

Recent updates to this story.
Backstory.

Comments

1. Buran says:

Don’t like it? DON’T BUY IT. That’s all.

2. ElizabethD says:

LOL. This made my day. It’s been too long since the last totenkopf sighting.

3. mrmysterious says:

I always thought that they sent them to Africa for the tax right off like they do with the incorrectly printed championship shirts (ie Bears Superbowl Champions from last year).

4. freshyill says:

Buran is totally right. Don’t like it? Don’t buy it.

I hear Wal-Mart also has a wide selection of white robes with hoods and masks, and some really nice swastika boxer shorts, but I don’t buy them because frankly, I think they’re tacky.

5. SaveMeJeebus says:

@mrmysterious: No wonder the 90s-era Buffalo Bills have such a huge following in Africa.

6. ChrisC1234 says:

Just curious, but what makes this a Nazi shirt? To me, it just is some creepy looking skull.

7. mantari says:

@ChrisC1234: What makes this a Nazi shirt? 5% of the revenues go to preserve Adolf’s cryogenically preserved head. That, or the whole Totenkopf thing.

Be sure to follow the distinction between it and a Jolly Roger skull and crossed bones.

8. Sudonum says:

I can them doing this with the shirts. It wasn’t a safety issue like the pet food and toys. It’s up to Bealls and other stores if they want to handle the merchandise and risk alienating some customers.

9. Squeezer99 says:

chris, Hitler’s SS used it as their symbol. can someone buy and ship me one? i’ll refund you all costs, i never was able to find one at any walmart where i live.

10. headon says:

Their is a store crappier than Walmart? I thought they were already the bottom of the retail barrel. Wow this is news.

11. headon says:

Their is a store crappier than Walmart? I thought they were already at the bottom of the retail barrel. Wow, this is news

12. Mary says:

Things that Wal-mart pulls from the shelves are routinely sold in bulk to other stores. If you pay attention at bookstores like B&N or Borders, you’ll see that they sometimes have other price stickers on the books, including Wal-mart. Actually, I’ve often seen Wal-mart stickers there.

The fact they sent this shirt out to those stores makes me curious though. Did they tell this store what the stock they were buying WAS? Because if that store is willing to say they don’t care…then maybe they knew what they were buying. I imagine Wal-mart doesn’t want to take the financial hit of just trashing the shirts.

13. cde says:

@ChrisC1234: Click on the backstory link at the top.

And I WANT ONE! Besides the whole Nazi thing (Just like the swastika pokemon card and handbags), it is a cool looking skull.

14. Anonymous says:

People will get outraged over this but they will not say a peep about the violent music they sell at WM and other places.

15. urban_ninjya says:

These are perfectly good shirts. All it really have was some offensive imagery. You can buy Nazi uniforms at the Army supply store, so it’s really just offensive in the eye of the beholder. If I were walmart, I would of donated them to the Salvation Army in some lower income community which wouldn’t of been educated enough to recognize those logos for a nice fat tax write off.

Oh wait.. arn’t those mostly non-blond hair blue eyes parts of the country. Ooops.

16. Steel_Pelican says:

@Darren666: Good.

17. @Buran: I think the broader point here is that it’s in pretty bad taste for a business to profit from the symbology of one of humanity’s most loathsome and murderous groups.

18. DashTheHand says:

Its amusing to see people get all up in arms and insane about a picture, image, or other random graphic. Yes, the SS did use them. However, the swastika was also used prior to the Third Reich. So were dozens of other images and graphics prior to them being used by evil people.

19. vanilla-fro says:

@urban_ninjya: Prepare for flaming in 5, 4, 3, 2……

20. stopNgoBeau says:

I agree with most of the posters in here. It might have been in poor taste, but they are free to print their shirts however they want, provided they don’t break decency laws.

Maybe I’ll buy one and wear it for a Haloween Party as an idiot punk rocker with offensive taste. See! There is a market for everything!

21. Paul D says:

Well, naturally!

You wouldn’t want to pay full price for tainted food, would you?

I mean, geez…that’s just common sense!

22. Trick says:

So where is the outrage for the outlet store? Oh wait, they are innocent.

Wal*Mart is EVIL!!!!

You just know that poor outlet store bought all the poisoned dog food and all the other junk Wal*Mart forced them to buy.

I feel sorry for the outlet store, being forced to buy Wal*Mart rejects and all.

Won’t anyone please stop Wal*Mart from forcing outlet stores from buying its rejected crap????

23. ElizabethD says:

@urban_ninjya:

“Would of…” “Wouldn’t of”… Speaking of smart and dumb, which I believe you were, have you ever heard of the construction “would have”, not “–of”?

Love from the Grammar Nazi
    (eek, I wrote “Nazi”!)

24. arcticJKL says:

I miss the nazi connection too.
    The wikipedia article ([en.wikipedia.org])says it began with Fredrick the Great. Should we ban all red and black clothes too?

Anyways dont buy them if you want but I dont see the big deal. I never see complaints about the Che shirts.

25. Those are in Kohls as well. Atleast, that and similar other material was in the one I went to in Maryland.

26. GreatCaesarsGhost says:

The story here was Wal-mart’s weak recall efforts. If Consumerist wasn’t talking about this, you could buy the shirt and wear it everyday for 50 years and no one would recognize the symbol.

27. Paul D says:

@arcticJKL: I never see complaints about the Che shirts.

Hardly the same thing.

28. Prada James says:

@Paul D: Ché oversaw the execution of hundreds of people, many wrongly accused, while in charge of a prison in Cuba. He ran a kangaroo court shortly after the revolution as well. To many people, the difference isnt much.

Shepard Fairey’s OBEY company made a tshirt with the same skull and crossbones on it. It really is a matter of if you dont like it dont buy it.

29. Trackback says:

Apparently you have to pry recalled merchandise from Wal-Mart’s cold, dead fingers before it stops trying to sell it to unsuspecting customers. See also: Nazi t-shirts.

30. boxjockey68 says:

I can not believe that there is a store that’s even more tacky than walmart…who would have thought huh?

31. Trackback says:

Consumerist brings news that Wal-Mart is still selling t-shirts with a Nazi-era graphic more than a year after they were recalled. As the site rightly points out, if Wal-Mart can’t get one t-shirt off its shelves, what does that mean for the millions of recalled toys tainted with lead?