Offended Mother Says Fisher-Price Piano Says "F— Me, Rape Me."

There are lots of moms out there who have filthy, filthy minds. They buy toys that make noise for their children, then become convinced that there are secret offensive messages in the toys.

Here are two of them:

From KRQE:

The toy is designed for toddlers like Santa Fe’s Unique Gonzales, or at least that’s what her godmother thought.

“I bought it for my goddaughter for her birthday, her first birthday,” Lanette Rodriguez said.

But when Unique played the voice scale her own way, she found a unique message. The problem is how the digital voice singing the scale sounds with the combination Fa-Mi-Re-Mi.

“It’s very, very inappropriate,” Rodriguez said. “It’s very disturbing. It’s completely unbelievable, insane, upsetting.”

Unique’s mother says she got her first clue to the key combination from her 1 year old.

“She’s like fa, fa, fa,’ and I was wondering why is she saying that?” Alexis Chacon said. “It was the toy.

“Then she says, ra, ra, ra.’ She’s too small to learn those kinds of words. It’s supposed to be Do-Re-Mi, and it’s F-me-rape me.”

Is she serious? You know us, we’re not ones to mock people’s complaints, however silly they may be, but “f– me, rape me?” From a piano? KRQE played the offending combination of notes in a video clip on their site, sort of. The reporter warns viewers several times that something offensive is coming and that they should hit the mute button. Then the station plays a tone over “Fa” as if it were “Fu–“. As far as we could tell from the times they didn’t censor the note, Fa just sounded like “Fa.”

The offended mothers want the toy pulled from the market. Um. Fa that.

Toy tune offends mothers [KRQE]
(Photo:KRQE)

Comments

1. Skinny Bone Jones says:

Good God. Bored, obsessive mothers are the worst. Endlessly entertaining with their vapidity, yes, but small, deprived children everywhere are paying for it.

2. hypnotik_jello says:

what the fa?

3. KernelPanic says:

They named the child Unique? Poor thing…

KP

4. etinterrapax says:

I think my husband and I would have laughed ourselves sick over this.

5. trecool95 says:

You named your kid Unique? Well at least it’s….oh nevermind.

6. topgun says:

Perhaps Ms. Gonzalez And Ms. Rodriguez have not mastered the English language themselves.

7. homerjay says:

That woman is fa’d up.

8. Toof_75_75 says:

I guess when you sit at home and have nothing better to do then make up crazy stories about “evil toys.” At least the piano doesn’t have lead in it…isn’t that enough for her?!

9. wring says:

LOL my kid had a leapfrog phonics caterpillar, when you press “f” it says “fuh” and when you press “k” it says “kuh”, and if you press “f” then “k” it says “that tickles!” hilarious that they thought of that! yay leapfrog!

10. CumaeanSibyl says:

Other possible phrase combinations include “fund me, raid me,” “fawn me, rail me,” and “fudge me, rain me,” a tribute to Tay Zonday.

11. Murph1908 says:

Do, a deer, a female deer
    Re, a forced for-ni-ca-tion
    Mi, a name I call my self
    Fa, some more for-ni-ca-tion

12. Bill Brasky says:

We should get one of those with an Elvis graphic on it…

A Fa-King piano!

13. Asvetic says:

She clearly missed the “Parental Warning / Explicit Content” sticker on that Fisher-Price piano.

14. missdona says:

Of the market?
    Fa- no!

15. ArtDonovansDrunkenLovechild says:

This is the reason that the Starbucks lady in the previous story went to the accident report … people are just begging to sue and companies need to CYA. the side effect is bad service..

16. missdona says:

Oh I love it.. according to the clip, they went to an attorney.

I wonder how much money they think little Unique’s damaged psyche is worth.

17. dbeahn says:

So if you play it just a certain way, and have a very active imagination, you can pretend to hear whatever you want.

Someone should shoot that TV reporter for being such a tard and running the story at all.

Also, I liked “She’s only one, she isn’t smart enough to say “fa” or “ra”. Seriously? OK, so now we know that the kid is a Tard like her Godmother. Too stupid to say “Da-Da” or “Ma-Ma” too I suppose.

18. gibsonic says:

so… what was the exact name or model number of this piano? Not that I want one for myself or anything…

19. OKH says:

@wring:

I tried getting my kids toys to curse, too. Those corporate scum are always one step ahead of me!!1

20. @Murph1908: I almost chocked!

Lady, your child IS NOT SWEARING! Stop it!

21. Kos says:

Wasn’t Unique one of Eddie Murphy’s kids in Beverly Hills Cop II when he had to deliver the explosive shells or something? ([www.moviequotes.com])

Guess the name is not that Unique.

22. raybury says:

Exactly the sort of thing that should be put on Youtube rather than be “proved” by the local TV hacks.

And I hope when she goes to school, she’s not the only “Unique” in her class.

23. brkl says:

Well, she’s right about one thing. It’s certainly insane.

24. missdona says:

My 6 year old niece ran around the house going “fuh” “fuh” “fuh” “Is there a bad-word that begins with fuh?”

Then she said,

“I know what it is! It’s the F word!”

We were all hysterical.

Maybe she learned it from her piano.

25. bbbici says:

MI SO angry at these FAing REtards. FA MI TITIs.

26. probin94 says:

@wring

i know exactly what toy your talking about. except a store i worked for had them before they changed the model. they actually used to say the fuh and kuh…not that tickles. if you hit the d the i and the c….you can guess what that came out as. these were the early models. i was still in high school…so you can imagine how funny we found this as we would sit and play with them.shortly after that the censored ones came out. so i can imagine that the toy does sound these out as shes describing them. but you gotta be trying to get them to do it. id have to say they probably were playing with it one day…found this out and said…lets make this public. maybe we can sue them.

27. hustler says:

These are the same people who vote.

28. jeffj-nj says:

Damnit! The fah king news clip bleeps out the possibly offensive note.

29. Shadowman615 says:

Jeebus. They told everyone to mute their sound AND they bleeped out the word ‘fa?’ Well at least it was bleeped out on the WMP version I downloaded. Now how am I supposed to decide for myself whether it really sounds like ‘fuck’ or if those women are just insane?

30. gibsonic says:

the name says mexican
    the words say chinese

queue ancient chain email about chinese sayings…

31. Murph1908 says:

@Kos – Yes, Monique and Unique.

@RECTILINEAR – Glad you enjoyed. ^_^

32. Hoss says:

Yah, the mom is looney tunes, yah the lawyer is bottom fishing…but the reporter with the Laugh n Learn on his desk thinking this is the next jump to 60 Minutes is priceless!

fa me, ra me — lady you listen to too much rap!

33. supra606 says:

I guess it’s not terribly surprising that a parent who would name her child “Unique” thinks the evil toy piano is trying to corrupt her child’s mind. These people need to find their own planet to live on where the rest of the evil world can’t get them. Either that or they need to stop being so narcissistic and get it through their heads that the world is not only not out to get them or their children but the world couldn’t even care less about them or their children (and why would it? it’s obvious that they do not want to be taken seriously as people). I feel so terrible for these kids!

34. jmuskratt says:

@topgun: Yes, racism is HILARIOUS!! I also bet they make a mean taco and have tricked-out low riders.

35. mrjimbo19 says:

youtube fisher price piano and you can listen to the piano in all of its “rage”. When do opinions of a single person start dictating changes in everyones life? If she is that upset about her daughter saying “fa” why does she keep repeating it in front of her? “Fa” is the start to the word father, you know that guy she will never meet because her mom scared him off.

36. JayXJ says:

The kid can’t come up with offensive words on his own…please. I’ve got three munchkins and the stuff they came up with in the 2-6 age bracket would blow your mind. My favorite: My youngest (3 at the time) announcing, wide eyed and smilling, to the waiter that “Nana is an a**hole”. Cracked us all up, including the waiter.

37. rbb says:

Sometimes, a “fa” is just a “fa”… This lady needs a life.

38. Black Bellamy says:

@jmuskratt: No way, condescending replies from snooty liberals are way more fun.

39. catnapped says:

Damn Chinese are corrupting the minds of our youth?

FA THAT!

40. superqueen23 says:

So is Mom also going to boycott any kind of music education for her daughter? I must have sang that combination of notes a million times and never even had it occur to me that it could be construed as something inappropriate.

41. kenposan says:

@wring:

You beat me to it! Now the question is, why are we, as parents, TRYING to make our kids’ toys swear! LOL

/time out for you!

42. jerkasaurus says:

I had no idea solfege could be so dirty.

Four semesters of ear training in college, and I never realized I was being sexually harassed. Had I known, maybe I could’ve had the requirement dropped.

43. mopar_man says:

Somebody needs to repeatedly hit that mother over the head with the toy she’s complaining about. I think with enough blows to her skull, she wouldn’t hear the words she thinks she’s hearing and there wouldn’t be a problem anymore.

44. Echodork says:

We own that piano, my 9 month old plays with it every day. This lady is on crack.

45. Macroy says:

This is awesome.

46. MercuryPDX says:

Here’s an un-bleeped video from YouTube:
    [www.youtube.com]

47. Krycek says:

should people tell her that if you play the notes in a certian sequence it will play an offensive song that has bad words in it?

48. Three Word Chant says:

This is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. “She was running around the house going “fah fah fah”. And?? In the clip with the mother she doesn’t even seem to believe this herself. I’m sure she is just upset the child wasn’t saying la la lawsuit.

49. gibsonic says:

@MercuryPDX:

thanks for the link.

in other news a like-ness of elvis was seen in a bowl of oatmeal.

50. Scazza says:

@wring: OMG I have that one, it just laughs if you spell out FUCK, CUNT or what have you. Thats how you get around retarded parents…

51. Slytherin says:

LOL! Y’all are hilarious! Thanks for brightening my day. :)

52. laineylain says:

This news story is great. How great? Sofa King great!

53. Trai_Dep says:

Another shiny advertisement for home-schooled kids!

Think mom is a dirty little bird who will no doubt raise a girl that is so screwed up that she’ll be the first to lose her virginity in her primary school. To half the boys in class. At once. While wearing a True Love Waits bracelet.

Besides, everyone knows it’s High School Musical albums played backwards that say, “do me, Satan”.

54. homerjay says:

I blame Rogers and Hammerstein. They should have known this was going to happen when they wrote that song.

55. MalichiDemonos says:

@laineylain: “Sofa King” Who’s the Sofa King? Are the sofa’s cheap.. i need a new one. lol

56. MyCokesBiggerThanYours says:

I am sure a Fisher Price exec wrote a memo telling the labor to do this.

57. ARPRINCE says:

Mommy looks like she needs to make money! Ahhhh…this piano is lewd. Time to “FA” someone and get some money. Ohh boy, Fisher price is gonna get “RE”!

58. dbeahn says:

@jmuskratt: Yeah, cause it’s SUCH a stretch to think that 2 people with Mexican names might be 2 of the millions in this country that haven’t BOTHERED to learn English.

So explain to me why it’s “racist” to think that people with spanish last names are more likely to not be native English speakers? Or is it your contention that there are more people with English last names that aren’t native English speakers?

And since we’re talking about Countries, how does any of this relate to race? Doesn’t there have to be some sort of race issue involved for something to be racist?

59. Nemesis_Enforcer says:

Good lord I mean nameing your kid Unique is torture enough.@jmuskratt: Its not racist, he was pointing out that they may not have a good grasp of what the piano is really saying. I have a lot of friends here in L.A. who’s parents came from South America and they speak english but quite often mistake words that arent spoken clearly in english.

60. queen_elvis says:

@Black Bellamy: OK. Let’s leave aside for a moment the question of what exactly was condescending about that comment. Let’s skip straight to the part where your comment implicitly assumes that only liberals care about racism. Freudian slip? Or perhaps the anti-immigration conservatives are ready to come out and openly admit that they are a bunch of racists.

61. mandawest says:

What a FAing idiot!! You’ve got to be kidding me!!!! And what the heck kind of lawyer is taking this seriously?!?! And the news station bleeped “fa.” I just had a baby and am starting to learn that a lot of mothers out there are CRAZY!! I’m truly scared for that little girls future …. but then again she was probably FAed when he mom named her Unique.

62. cabedrgn says:

@Nemesis_Enforcer: In addition to your comment to jmuskratt, my mother-in-law is Thai and has been in the states for well over 30 years and still misses some words that are not spoken clearly. My wife on the other hand speaks better English than I do and I was born and raised here in the states. See what Florida public education gets you? Uh-huk. :)

63. IC18 says:

Someone please post an audio sample for those of us that are video feedless.

64. Unique? I know a stripper by that name.

And since when does Black Sabbath make children’s toys?

65. shiwsup says:

I don’t get it. If she wanted a straight-up recording of the scale, she could have just played that for her daughter. Instead she bought a (much better) piano that plays the notes invidually and left her daughter to play with it. WHAT DO YOU WANT, WOMAN?

66. RandomHookup says:

My piano usually justs wants to cuddle first.

67. Chaosium says:

Oh good, another generation of low-class inbreds set to surpass stupidity of the old “backwards masking”.

68. EvilSquirrel says:

Maybe they should give her a refund so she can buy her kid some Bratz dolls.

69. jaysonjaz says:

Listen.. I bought this piano for my daughter and if you hit the keys just right, it ABSOLUTELY says that.

The difference between myself and that woman is that i personally think its hillarious! Obviously the company didn’t put it there on purpose to corrupt my child.

70. mermaidshoes says:

@bill51773: how bout a kurt cobain edition? ‘rape me’ indeed.

71. shades_of_blue says:

‘Unique’, that goes right up there with naming their child ‘U-sa Navy’. [watch Carlos Mencia]

To the crazy women who called the news, it’s a cheap made in China toy! That means it comes with an incomprehensive voice box, just listen to ‘the cow goes moo’ and you’ll understand. If that does not visit Spencer’s and play with the insult boxes, between the static and volume level it’s almost a toss up as to which insult is dropped. And don’t go suing Spencer’s because you were foolish enough to press the button with your kid 3 foot away.

72. Wubbytoes says:

That is so unbelievably stupid. I can’t stand idiot parents like that.

73. shfd739 says:

I have seen alot more funny and what were they thinking names than “Unique”. Hell Unique is acually kinda normal sounding compared to some I have seen.

If this was my kids toy my wife and I would find it funny as hell and then we would show it to all of our friends and they would show all of theirs and it would be funny.

74. Nemesis_Enforcer says:

@cabedrgn: Lol I understand. When I lived in Germany for 3 years I ran into quite a lot of people who spoke much better english than I have heard in the states. I wish people wouldn’t automatically think if somone states something about people not speaking english clearly that they are racist. Guess what I work with a couple of Scandanavian guys and they have terrible accents, but I don’t think man these whitey’s need to learn some FA’ing English. Jesus I deal with ppl everyday who speak terrible english…but I work around it.

75. schiff says:

No offense but I think they are the ones with the offensive minds. Now DO RE MI isnt allowed?

Maybe someone should check their green cards.

76. Chicago7 says:

Let’s try to make up words ourselves.

Do re mi fa so la ti do

Dola mi! is what this lady seems to be saying! If you don’t dola mi, I sue! So-re! But, I sue!

77. theblackdog says:

@MercuryPDX: *tries not to let the boss catch him laughing at that*

78. hypnotik_jello says:

“You have disappointed Huh-Oh-Em-Ey-Ur”

79. TangDrinker says:

We don’t have that toy for our 10 month old, but I’m going to keep my eye out for it. That’s totally something we need to add to his collection of fa ed up musical toys made in China. Half of them play very strange renditions of traditional “americana folk songs.” We chalk it up to the fact that they’re made in China – they’re probably just the Chinese version of the songs.

80. Voyou_Charmant says:

That’s a sexy little piano.

81. gibsonic says:

in other news Fisher Price sales of this toy piano just soared in the 18+ year old demographic.

82. AcidReign says:

The real evil here, is that Julie Andrews and “The Sound of Music” are poisoning yet another generation. “Fa, a long, long way to run!” Evidently not far enough! That insipid soundtrack was typical of what we had available on our record-player when I was a young child. The Beatles and the Stones weren’t allowed.

Frankly, young toddler musicians would be better served with the actual musical note names rather than the Do-Re-Mi crap. Oh, wait. This mother would complain about F-E-C-E, no doubt.

83. erica.blog says:

The kid’s pretty smart to be able to imitate sounds like that at 1. Too bad she’s got dingbats for relatives.

84. beyond says:

You can hear it on YouTube. Fa Mi Re Mi…even if I just sound them out myself I suppose I could hear “fuk me rape me”, but the “k” sounds like its coming from a pop from the speaker as it switches from one sound to another before its finished.

I hope Fisher Price’s response is “fa you”.

Actually the mother was a dolt. Kid running around saying “fa fa fa”…how much you want to bet she only associates it with “fuk” because she says it herself 50 times a day?

85. acambras says:

@schiff:
    Maybe someone should check their green cards.

I know some people questioned their ability to understand English, but now you’re saying that they must be undocumented aliens? Where do you get that?

86. formergr says:

Maybe it’s because I’m a bit buzzed, but this is one of the most inadvertently funny Consumerist threads I’ve read so far…

87. EtherealStrife says:

@MercuryPDX: HAHAHAHAHAHA. Wow.
    Thanks, with the subs it’s easier to follow along and see how it could be a “naughty piano.” That said, who cares? To get the words out of it you have to target a specific sequence, and to understand them you have to already know the meaning of the words.

So does anyone have a link to where I can buy one of these?

88. Bill Brasky says:

@mermaidshoes: If only Frank Zappa were alive…He’d probably squeeze at least 3 songs outta that.

89. bnosach says:

Ban all the notes. Leave sounds only.

90. arachnophilia says:

that gives me an idea. 7 notes, 7 recordings…

but are words like “cocksucker” and “motherfucker” too long?

quick, someone hack one.

91. clarient says:

That is the first time I have ever heard somebody confusing Solfege syllables with curse words.

92. mconfoy says:

Number 9, Number 9, Turn me on dead man, turn me on dead man.

93. mconfoy says:

One more, I bury Paul.

94. Aeroracere says:

Fisher Price’s response:

[www.youtube.com]

95. Jean Naimard says:

Feh!

96. drjayphd says:

@MercuryPDX: “(In that order?)” cracked me up. I mean, if you’re really listening for it, then yeah, you can hear it. But we all know what it’s saying, right Ozzy? “Get the gun, get the gun… shoot, shoot, shoot…”

97. crankymediaguy says:

Tune in tomorrow when Lunette Rodriguez “sees” an image of Jesus in a stain on the couch where her 1-year-old daughter, Unique, peed.

98. Blueskylaw says:

I thought easter eggs were only in computers?

99. CapitalC says:

Being a new parent I’m more concerned about lead paint than FA ME RA ME. This is another absurd American lawsuit. (Sorry America, Canada’s just a bit better like that – we have SOME sense of reason!)

100. klischke says:

I own that toy. It’s SOLFEGE. Those syllables are used all over the place to teach music, and have been for so, so long. Hasn’t this busybody ever seen The Sound of Music?

What a complete waste of time some people insist on being.

101. miborovsky says:

Chinese vulgarity train? C’mon consumerist, you know you want to label it that.

102. Echodork says:

So I went home and played with my daughter’s piano last night. That’s right, I’m not ashamed :D

Yes, if you strain your ears and put your mind firmly in the gutter, and you gloss over the lack of the hard K sound at the end, Fa-Mi can possibly sound obscene. Ra-Mi, even less so.

That being said, this is about the best damn toy we own. It counts to 8, it sings the Solfege syllables, it associates colors, it has a dozen different songs that are accessed in various ways, and it makes a nice piano as well. Unlike some toy instruments, this piano uses at least 4-track sound output, so you (I mean… your kid) can mash all of the keys at once and hear what it sounds like, rather than being limited to one note at a time.

It’s a great toy. Go buy one if you have an infant or toddler.

No, I don’t work for Fisher-Price :D We’ve just wasted so much money on cheap crap that it’s nice to see a toy that works right.

103. Ncisfan says:

haha Fa-ing hillarious

104. Another zealot… Here we go.

105. Her Grace says:

With these fuckwits for rellies, I hope the girl never has an interest in music.

106. sycophant says:

@wring:
    I have that exact same toy… It’s awesome… It says ‘That Tickles’ for a few combinations…

107. LAGirl says:

only someone stupid enough to name their kid ‘Unique’ would hear ‘f*ck me, rape me’ on a child’s piano. dumbass.

108. palaste says:

I bet the mother would want pens banned because you can write naughty words with them.

109. bdgbill says:

Groan..

I don’t know whats worse, ridiculous names like “unique”, totally made up names like “LaQueesha” or entire generations of “Brittanys” and “Justins”

110. probin94 says:

lol….i just watched the non bleeped version. call me immature or what not. but that thing had me crackin up. like i said before…YOU PRETTY MUCH HAVE TO BE INTENTIONALLY TRYING TO DO THAT FOR IT TO WORK. or happen to come across it while playing with the toy.