More Coverage Of The Fisher Price Recall

In case you missed the Today Show’s coverage of the Fisher Price recall, here you go.

The clip has a sound bite from the CPSC, as well as your typical concerned Mom interviews and a round-up of recent Chinese Poison Train stories.

Enjoy.

The Today Show

Comments

1. milty45654 says:

FISHER PRICE – STOP MAKING CRAP IN CHINA. IS IT WORTH IT TO PUT UNSAFE TOYS IN OUR KIDS HANDS? CHARGE THE CONSUMER EXTRA AND BRING JOBS BACK TO THIS COUNTRY.

2. bobreck says:

My 2 year old just got a bunch of the affected toys for his birthday on July 21st. Now I have to pull these toys away from him and send them back to FP. LAME… VERY LAME.

I agree, get the hell out of china.

3. j-o-h-n says:

Every single product from China for which the US has a safety regulation should be tested in this country until they get this mess under control.

4. SaveMeJeebus says:

Is this the same kind of shit Chinese kids have to play with? I too, would rather pay extra than have to frequently sift through my kid’s lead-laced Thomas trains and Fisher-Price toys. Someone in another thread really hit it when they said that our “cheap and quick” culture of consumerism is going to kill us.

5. miborovsky says:

@milty45654: AMERICA – STOP BEING STUPID. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. DON’T WANT LOW-QUALITY CHINESE PRODUCTS? PAY THE PRICE!

6. rockosolido says:

Please, kid’s and their parents are complete pansies these days. Why, back in my time, there wasn’t a toy you couldn’t keep me from trying to eat! In school, we were given drops of mercury in science class to play with, which usually resulted in us making it “disappear” in our hand. We played dodgeball AND we kept score during kickball!

A little lead poisoning will toughen out the new generation, maybe help with that ridiculous peanut allergies and lactose intolerance.

7. jwissick says:

Where else are you supposed to get toys? They are ALL msde in china!!!
    Hell, everything is made in china!!

8. jwissick says:

Where else are you supposed to get toys? They are ALL made in china..
    Hell, everything is made in china now.

9. ceejeemcbeegee is not here says:

I thought the gov’t allowed so many US-sold products to be made in China because they were kind enough to purchase trillions of dollars of our national debt?

Quid pro quo, Clarice.

10. homerjay says:

I love how people tell me to pay the price to get goods that aren’t made in china as though its my choice that Fisher Price makes their toys in china. If you want to be helpful, find us someone who makes toys similar to these in any country with a concience- and not crappy ‘cup & ball’ toys.

11. miborovsky says:

@homerjay: Not all toys made in China are of the same quality. If you want a safe, higher quality toy, ALL you have to do is buy a $10 made in China instead of $5 one made in China.

12. obbie says:

i hate to see what the chinese make for… the chinese. this is getting a bit ridiculous.

13. Anitra says:

@miborovsky: But Fisher Price has been a trusted brand for quality toys for generations. How’s a parent to know, other than following the news of recalls?

14. Buran says:

I’m not watching the video because I’m hard of hearing (how about a WRITTEN story link?) but does it mention how these companies AND the government tried to HIDE the recall from people, and someone had to leak it for it to get published in a timely manner?

15. nucleotide says:

It these companies are not sending people to baby site the production lines then they’re completely negligent. If companies what to move their manufacturing offshore, fine, but make sure that the quality stays the same.

16. homerjay says: