Candelight Valentine's Dinner At White Castle: Reservations Required

re you broke? Or cheap? Or weird? Or…do you really like White Castle? From their website:

Make your Valentine’s day STEAMY! Take your Valentine to White Castle on Wednesday, February 14 between 5 and 8 p.m. and enjoy hostess seating, candlelit dining and your own server. Reservations are required, so check the list below for participating Castles near you!

Special this year, you can also treat your honey to a romantic White Castle dinner in your home! Cupid’s Crave Kits include eight cheeseburgers, one sack of fries, two regular soft drinks, coupons and keepsake items to heat up your homespun romance. Now, ain’t that sweet?

Um…—MEGHANN MARCO

Valentine’s Day [White Castle]

Comments

1. KesCaesar says:

I think it’s a cute idea for people who don’t have a lot of money or have sentimental attachment (for some reason) to White Castle.
    I’d like to see this kind of ingenuity from other large chains as well!

2. castlecraver says:

I would be remiss if I weren’t to post in this thread.

Hey, sometimes a Valentine’s date needs to be cheesy. And onion-y. And steam grill-y, 5-hole-y and… uunngh… oh God….

3. Citron says:

I don’t care if you’re Romeo himself, nothing that comes in a sack can ever be described as “romantic.” However, I think the idea is cute, too. It’s so silly. There’s no reason to take Valentine’s Day seriously, anyway.

4. King of the Wild Frontier says:

I suppose that, if you saw the movie White Palace, and your date looks like Susan Sarandon, this would make sense.

5. oghelpme says:

I was threatened with divorce after this suggestion.

6. Anitra says:

I have a friend who did this at Wendy’s for his girlfriend while in college – he got friends to stand in as waiter & maître d’, there were flowers and silverware on the table, the employees were briefed about the plan.

It’s a great idea when done as a romantic surprise, but if White Castle does all the work for you, I think that ruins it.

7. homerjay says:

I think one of us who has a White Castle nearby (Not here in Boston!) should do this and take pictures. its got to be a spectacle…

8. Woe be to the boyfriend who takes his girl to Krystal by mistake.

This reminds me of the $100 Burger and Dom Perignon combo that Miami Subs used to sell. (They may still sell it, I just no longer live near a Miami Subs.)

9. Brian Gee says:

oghelpme: Act fast while the offer is still good! ;)

I’m guessing if your first date was to White Castle, and you’re one of those love-at-first-sight types, reliving the moment in candlelight would be quite romantic, indeed. Of course in this age of extreme materialism, romance can only go so far. Your wife would have to actually, truly love you if she’d accept a date to White Castle.

10. NeoteriX says:

If they had White Castle here in Boston, I would be all over this like white on rice.

11. Dreamworks says:

I just checked the website. As a New Yorker, I gotta say that some of these locations are not so romantic. Unless you find crackwhores and people urinating in vestibules hot. The WC at 125th St and 7th Ave. is right where I used to be a cop. Lots of good stories out of there.

12. Grrrrrrr, now with two buns made of bacon. says:

And when you’re done dining, you and your sweetheart can go home and spend a nice romantic evening on The Love Toilet”.

But hey, I suppose if you ask somebody out for a valentine’s date to White Castle, and they accept, they must really love you a lot.

13. reginae says:

I think a lot of seventh-graders might find this terribly attractive.

14. Belly Bombers indeed. Blegh.