Reduce the noise in your life by getting rid of the marketing junk flooding in.
• Phone solicitations: donotcall.gov
• Junk snail mail: Direct Marketing Association
• Email: Just mark it as spam. Don’t try to unsubscribe, spammers use that to confirm a live hit and sell the results to their friends.
• Credit card offers: OptOutPrescreen.com
• Doubleclick ad cookies: Ad Cookie Opt-out
• Lexis Nexis public database: Opt Out of Lexis Nexis
• Companies without online optouts: printable forms here.
— BEN POPKEN