QVC Drinking Glasses Explode for No Reason

QVC is recalling 2,200 sets of glasses because the “inner walls of the double-walled glasses can break during use, posing a laceration hazard to consumers.”

Consumers should stop using the glasses immediately. Yeah, no kidding.

There’s nothing worse than sitting down to watch Match Game when out-of-the-blue your highball explodes into a million tiny pieces and you have to ask the neighbor girl (who, let’s face it, used to be sweet, but now is just a common tramp) to come over and help you pick the shards of cheap glass out of your falsies.

And have you ever tried to vacuum glass out of brown shag? It’s impossible. And you know, I think there’s some still here on my blouse, but can’t make out all those little pieces without my glasses. That’s just glitter? Fine. Wait until the pinochle group hears about this.

QVC Product Recall Site
CPSC.gov

Comments

1. winnabago says:

Hey, are you saying that only reclusive card-playing grannies watch QVC? I’m sure glad I’m not one of them, my one room apartment and intermittent internet link fufills all my social needs, thank you very much.

2. homerjay says:

reading these things being written from the female perspective is going to take some getting used to.

3. DeeJayQueue says:

How is that different from when Ben writes them?

4. AppTechie says:

Ouch DJ…that’s just unnecessary :)

5. RandomHookup says:

Why am I vaguely turned on by this posting?

6. Morgan says:

This is why the Consumerist needs to display which ConEd wrote an article. The mental image of Ben wearing a blouse that I formed in the half a second it took me to remember the guest editors is one I will take with me to my grave.

7. RandomHookup says:

Actually, the guest bloggers do have their own tags showing. It’s the Brownken combo that we can’t identify (other than John’s much earlier wake up time).

8. MonkeyMonk says:

I’m assuming these QVC glasses are the same or similar to the Bodum line of double-walled drinking glasses sold at more upscale stores such as William Sonoma and Sur La Table. I had the inner wall of an 8 oz. explode on me just a few weeks ago when I put ice cubes in it. User beware.

9. I had a pint glass with a tiny chip in it, explode in my hand, while full. Scared the bejeezus out of me.