Sierra Mist Ad Develops New Meaning Post 8/10

Jonathan Cowperthwait points us to a Sierra Mist commercial set in an airport security line. Our wild guesstimate is that it won’t be seen on TV anymore, strange prescience aside.

Some suggest the ad isn’t funny anymore.

We disagree. It’s funnier!

Comments

1. homerjay says:

OH ABSOLUTELY these ads are funnier now!

Thats probably where these guys got the idea…

2. I found it pretty funny.
    I also find road trips more and more appealing.

3. priznat says:

I agree. After seeing Kathy Griffin on Larry King I can’t find anything with her in it funny anymore..

That’s what you meant, right?

4. pmicka says:

I think I recall seeing this sometime yesterday, I didn’t make the connection until now. Good eye.

-Patrick

5. Magicube says:

Yeah, it was definitely on last night.
    The only funny thing about Kathy Griffin is that Vicki Lewis made fun of her on NewsRadio (Griffin played a character named “Vicki” on Suddenly Susan which was on the air at the same time).

6. homerjay says:

Ahh Newsradio. Too bad Phil Hartman died. That was a good show… Troy McLure has never been the same, either.

7. thespunk says:

This ad would be accurate if Kathy Griffin had an AK-47 strapped to her side ready to shoot any liquid/gel carrying terrorist.

8. Archon Divinus says:

Troy McLure has never been on since, homerjay.

9. LeopardSeal says:

Simpsons has never been the same.

10. homerjay says:

He lives on in what we like to call “reruns,” Archon.

11. It’s like when they pulled “real American Heroes” Budweiser ad after 9/11/01, only this ad remains funny.

“it’s always funny until someone gets hurt.”

12. sixtoe says:

Yeah, this spot’s been airing for a couple of months. But it started “conveniently” airing in heavy rotation the other night, particulary during the 11 p.m. slot of the Daily Show. Hmmmmmmmmm.

13. Yeah, I saw it for the first time in quite a while during a Daily Show commercial the other night, and I couldn’t stop laughing.

14. ‘Hi! I’m Troy McClure, and you might remember me from such self help videos as, ‘Smoke Yourself Thin’, and ‘Get Confident, Stupid!’.

15. AlphaTeam says:

It could be an another way of just calling the TSA a bunch of idiots and thieves.