tax tip

Tax Panic: What to Do If You Can’t Pay

    “The first route is via Form 9465, Installment Agreement Request (PDF). You supply the terms based on your ability to pay over the next few years. If the amount owed is under $10,000, the IRS will accept most reasonable offers to pay within 36 months. Otherwise, larger amounts may require further correspondence and data gathering for the IRS.”

Very interesting stuff. A must read if you’re short on your taxes this year. —MEGHANN MARCO

Should You Itemize Your Deductions?

Married Filing Separately $5,150

There are a few exceptions, conditions, etc that the Tax Man explains in his post, so check it out. Also, keep in mind that itemizing is fun. Yes, really. —MEGHANN MARCO

Tax Tip: Mileage Calculator

What happens when a web developer has to drive to meetings and then needs to calculate the mileage for tax purposes? You win. Ade Olonoh has created a milage calculator that uses Google Maps and Google Calendar to make mileage calculations easy and quick. Ade says: