Enjoying your piping hot breakfast cuppa? Well, get a thermometer and a timer. Because the latest cancer scare comes in the form of overly hot tea (or other liquids), sipped too soon.
Ethan Thorn was an infant when his parents brought him into a Starbucks in Somerville’s Davis Square in April, 2006. According to the lawsuit, a store employee serving a cup of coffee to Ethan’s father accidentally spilled coffee on the baby’s legs and groin, causing second-degree burns. The baby was in his father’s arms at the time.
9 people have already been burned. Don’t be that guy! All 167,000 cups were sold at Starbucks for February 2007 through November 2007 for about $11. Return the cups to Starbucks for a full refund and a free beverage. Your un-scalded crotch will thank you.
When a Starbucks barista accidentally dumped scalding hot coffee all over Matt’s father, he got to see Starbuck’s crack PR response in action.