In an effort to compete with the likes of fast-fashion retailers like H&M, Ralph Lauren Corp. says the company will be shrinking its real estate footprint, closing stores, and cutting jobs as it tries to make a comeback under its new CEO. [More]
For the first time since the company’s founding, Ralph Lauren will not be running the Ralph Lauren Corporation. The 75-year-old plans to stay on as executive chairman and maybe design some ties or something, but the new chief executive officer will be Stefan Larsson, formerly head of Gap’s Old Navy brand and of H&M. [More]
After Converse sued 31 companies it accused of ripping off its classic Chuck Taylor sneaker designs, at least one competitor named in the suit has agreed to destroy all similar designs as part of a reported legal settlement.
Just how big of a deal is the $19 billion WhatsApp is getting from Facebook in the acquisition announced yesterday? It’s a pretty freaking big deal — especially when you consider that there are a whole lot of major companies –including many that produce physical goods you can reach out and touch — that have been around longer than WhatsApp and are worth a lot less. [More]
According to a ruling by a federal judge, Ralph Lauren Polo has more of a right to an image of a man playing polo than the organization that represents the sport.
H&M went through public shaming when they were caught shredding and throwing away brand-new merchandise instead of donating it to charity. Now a JC Penney store in Pennsylvania has reportedly done the same thing. Company representatives admitted to the Pittsburgh TV station that exposed the destruction of merchandise that this is official company practice, but only for items from the Penney’s-exclusive Ralph Lauren Living line.
Fashion advertising has a long tradition of lying, but this comically stupid Ralph Lauren ad seems to have confused the human anatomy with a box of Pocky. Unfortunately, Ralph Lauren doesn’t want to be mocked for its own advertising, so it started sending out DMCA takedown notices to blogs who have posted the ad—both Boingboing and Photoshop Disasters have been ratted out to their ISPs. Blogspot took down the pic from Photoshop Disasters while it investigates, but Boingboing has posted it a second time.
- MagicJack: $39.95 for VoIp first year, $19.95 a year after that
- Amazon: Health & Grooming Products Manager’s Specials
- Kashi: Free cookie
Highlights From Buxr
- Beach Camera: Sandisk 8 GB Ultra II SDHC HD Memory Card for $19.99 after $20 rebate w/ Free shipping
- Ralph Lauren: 30% Off No minimum Coupon Code RLFA2008
- goHardDrive.com: Western Digital 1TB 7200RPM Hard Drive for $128.95 w/ Free shipping after Coupon Code 10WD10EACS
Highlights From Dealnews
- Amazon.com: 80 Duracell Ultra AA Alkaline Batteries for $30 + free shipping
- Graveyard Mall: Maxim 32-Piece Wooden Train Set for $10 + $6 s&h
- Buy.com: Midland 26-Mile GMRS 2-Way Radios for $45 + free shipping
Highlights From Dealhack
- Amazon: 80lb Crossbow Pistol – Hunting – $19.99 (Reg. $59.99)
- Shirt.Woot: Funny/cool movie snack shirt for $10
- B&H Photo: Drobo DRO4DU10 4-bay, USB2.0 Robotic Storage Array for $350 (down from $500+)
Highlights From Dealhack
- Performance Bike: Save an Extra 10% off Bikes & Gear with Coupon
- Mwave: OCZ Mini-Kart Micro-Sized 2GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Free AR
- Buy.com: Save $100: Pentax Optio Z10 8MP Digital Camera $140 Shipped
Highlights From Bargainist