What is it about kids’ birthday parties at Chuck E. Cheese’s that causes the maturity level of the grown-ups in the room to plummet? Yesterday, customers called police to report a 50-person brawl inside one of the chain’s locations in Pittsburgh, which began with an argument over a 1-year-old’s birthday party. In the end, two people were arrested, and a bad example set for dozens of children on the scene. [More]
The (quite possibly animatronic) overlords at Chuck E. Cheese appear to have run out of options to lift the struggling family fun center out of the slump it’s been in lately, and have instead agreed to a $950 million buyout deal currently on the table. [More]
What is it about Chuck E. Cheese that brings out the worst instincts in adults? Two grown-ups reportedly were arrested after a brawl at one of the wonderlands of pizza, games, and terrifying animatronic characters. Two people were arrested and charged with misdemeanors, but police say that about 20 people were involved in the fight. We reiterate: adults. [More]
Nothing ruins a child’s birthday party at popular pizzeria Chuck E. Cheese’s quite like a violent, physical fight breaking among the adults. Well, except maybe if you happen to be stuck on a ride when your name is called to go on stage. That isn’t fun, either. [More]
To all the parents whose kids ask for birthday parties at Chuck E. Cheese’s, you now have another good reason to tell them no — it could be hazardous to your health. The Consumer Product Safety Commission and the fun-time restaurant chain have announced a recall of two pieces of plastic junk sold there. [More]
A 34-year-old man in Massachusetts will pay a $500 fine for ripping off the head of Chuck E. Cheese and yelling at the guy inside, says WBZTV. The man was angry that Cheese had allegedly pinned his child against a video game machine while trying to escape a swarm of children who were hopped up on skee-ball and pizza.
22-year-old Jennifer Sorbello got an extra-special welcome to Chuck E Cheese when William Thigpen, dressed as Mr. Cheese, reached out and groped her breast. Sorbello is suing the restaurant, claiming she has been “damaged in the form of emotional distress and humiliation.”
After one of their friends claimed to have gotten ringworm from a Chuck E. Cheese restaurant, mommy blog “momlogic” decided to swab several Chuck E. Cheese locations and have the samples tested for bacteria. The results are pretty gross, and make us thankful to have an immune system.
It would appear that losing an arm to an animatronic bear is now the second-leading injury at Chuck E. Cheese. These plastic siren whistles have been recalled as a choking hazard, with reports that at least three children “swallow[ed] pieces of the plastic siren whistle,” setting the stage for the most festive asphyxiation ever.