And not just any rodent cranium — a snaggletoothed rat that in a very sad way reminds me of Splinter from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies (talking 1990 here, not 2014).
According to WFTX, the man says he went for the chili because it’s on the healthier side. No more chili after this meal.
“The first bite I took out of it was a crunch, and at the time I was like, maybe you know sometimes you get a hard bean inside of chili,” he said.
He says he spat out what he thinks is a rat and oh gross oh gross. So he reacted.
“When I saw it, I just went into the bathroom and threw up,” he said. “I was like ‘ugh.’ I just couldn’t get the taste out of my mouth.”
His friends called the server, and when she called the manager, he confirmed that yup, he thought it was a rat. The customer says the manager took photos of it at different angles, horrified, and comped his party’s meal.
The diner said he felt queasy the next day and went to the emergency room, and was treated for gastroenteritis and prescribed medications for nausea and muscle spasms.
So far, the restaurant has reportedly confirmed that a customer had a problem and that it hasn’t been able to confirm the incident, but is looking into it.
“Normally you get cases like this, people take food somewhere else, open it up and something happens,” said the customer’s lawyer. “This happened right in the restaurant where there’s no question what happened. The manager is right there.”