In the time leading up to Christmas, the USPS is offering a program where children can write a letter to Santa and include all the wooden trains, yo-yos and whatever other toys kids like these days, then send it off like a normal letter.
Of course there are steps to follow to make sure the letter gets where it needs to go:
1. Write a personalized letter to a child from Santa Claus and sign it “From Santa.”
2. Insert the letter into an envelope and address it to the child.
3. Add the return address: “SANTA, NORTH POLE” to the envelope.
4. Ensure a First-Class stamp is affixed to the envelope.
5. Place the complete envelope into a larger envelope, with appropriate postage, and address it to:
NORTH POLE POSTMARK POSTMASTER
4141 POSTMARK DR.
ANCHORAGE AK 99530-9998
6. Santa’s helpers in Anchorage, AK, will take care of the rest!
If you want your letter to get to Santa on time, it’s got to be mailed to Anchorage no later than Dec. 10. Plenty of time to put together a list of checkers, spinning tops and a new pair of fuzzy red socks.