From humble beginnings on a farm in Maine to becoming the king of frozen fish sticks at Gorton’s, as well as serving as the CEO of General Mills, E. Robert Kinney made his mark on the food industry. He passed away earlier this month at the age of 96, but will be remembered every time someone crunches into Gorton’s frozen seafood. Here’s to hoping he’s strolling along in that big grocery store in the sky. [via Bangor Daily News]
Say Farewell To The Man Who Brought Us Frozen Fish Sticks
- it's still a mad mad world That Was Then, This Is Now: How 72 Brands From ‘Mad Men’ Have Changed Since Don Draper Was In Charge
- foodborne illnesses October Food And Supplement Recall Roundup: Beware Of Surprise Cheese Curls
- someone think of the cheeses August Food And Supplement Recall Roundup: Pieces Of A Conveyor Belt?
- silly The Pizza Farm Is Real: There Are Also Fish Stick Bushes And Taquito Trees
- let's dive in 7 Things We Learned From New ‘Frontline’ About State Of The Seafood Industry