Do you turn your printer off when you’re not using it? You might be wasting electricity…and ink. Our watt-measuring colleagues down the hall at Consumer Reports Electronics note that letting your printer enter standby mode often uses less power than turning it off or on. For inkjet printers, the toll also includes ink: some models slorp a bit more ink when priming the jets to print when you turn the printer on rather than letting it wake up from standby mode. [Consumer Reports Electronics]
Save Electricity: Don’t Turn Off Your Printer
More From Consumerist
- HP Pushed Firmware That Makes Printers Reject Third-Party Ink Cartridges
- EFF: HP Should Reverse Software Update, Actually Tell Customers About Planned Limitations
- Whirlpool’s “Smart” Appliances Now Come Equipped With Amazon Dash Buttons
- Printer Ink Sale At Staples Excludes Ink For Most Printers
- Costco Vs. Sam’s Club: Which Warehouse Club Should You Choose?