Bus Driver Says He Didn't Order A Side Of Wire In His Chicken Meal

A bus driver in Brooklyn says his order of chicken and fries from a local joint also came with a 2-inch piece of coiled wire, which he then claims became lodged in his throat, causing him to choke. Far from a value meal, especially after a trip to the hospital to remove said alleged wire.

The New York Daily News says Lajzer is suing the fried chicken eatery after he claims he swallowed a piece of wire with his food.

“The more I think about it, I get angry. I almost died for something stupid like that?” he said. He’s seeking unspecified damages in the lawsuit.

Here’s how he says it went down: He was chomping on a chicken breast at the restaurant on his way to work, and says he felt a sharp pain, at which point he thought he was choking on a bone. He also claims the clerk at the counter was more worried about getting paid for the food than the fact that Lajzer was going down choking.

“He asked for $5 before I passed out or something,” he says.

He left the restaurant and headed to the hospital, as he was coughing up blood. Once there he had to be put under to remove the wire from deep within his throat, say court papers.

The wire has been sent for testing, his lawyer reports, and it is still unclear what kind it was or how it ended up in his chicken. The eatery denies all of the bus driver’s charges, claiming he is “bullsh******” them.

Chicken delight it wasn’t! [New York Daily News]

Want more consumer news? Visit our parent organization, Consumer Reports, for the latest on scams, recalls, and other consumer issues.