It's Not Too Late To Contribute To Last Year's Health Spending Account

A few weeks from now, you should have all the forms and information you’ll need to file your taxes. Most of the numbers you’ll crunch have already been decided by your actions last year, but there are still some maneuvers you can make to tweak the numbers more in your favor.

Free From Broke highlights one such deduction you can still procure, by contributing to a Health Savings Account. You have until April 15 to contribute money into an HSA, a use-it-or-lose-it account you can spend on medical expenses, and deduct it from the 2011 tax year.

The post walks you through the finer points of making the contribution to take the deduction. You’ll need to determine whether or not you’ll be able to afford tying up the money, as well as what sort of impact it will make on your taxes.

Still Want a Deduction for Tax Year 2011? It’s Not Too Late [Free From Broke]

Want more consumer news? Visit our parent organization, Consumer Reports, for the latest on scams, recalls, and other consumer issues.