What probably started as a normal day at a South Carolina grocery store ended with action and intrigue after employees noticed a man leaving the store with several packages of tenderloin stuffed down his pants. According to the police report, a manager confronted the man in the parking lot, reaching inside his waistband and pulling out a tenderloin. And then things got interesting.
The following chain of events is from the manager’s account as given to police.
- The alleged shoplifter insisted that he only had the one package of meat.
- He then threw several more packages of tenderloins on the ground and attempted to flee in his car.
- His car wouldn’t start.
- He tried to put the car in neutral and push it.
- The stalled car almost ran over another grocery store manager. This manager put a hole in one of the tires.
- The alleged shoplifter ran away, with a manager following him in a car.
- He was arrested on suspicion of shoplifting.
- He was taken to the hospital for chest pains while in police custody.
The police report apparently did not mention the ultimate fate of the steaks.
Deputies: Man Stuffed Stolen Meat Down His Pants [WYFF] (There’s a mug shot.)
Video: Shoplifters Smuggle Booze Between Legs
Shoplifter Stuffs Chainsaw Down His Pants
Teen Steals 12-Pound Turkey Breast By Stuffing It Down His Pants
Shoplifter Shoves 3 Pounds Of Bacon In His Pants