Remember that Bieber track that turned into a symphonic masterpiece once it was slowed down 800%? Yes? No? Well you might as well kill yourself, Brian Eno, because here’s an old-school dial-up modem slowed down 700% , becoming an epic soundscape of terrifying drones and robotic wails, punctuated by tsunamis of static. Ah, it really captures the essence of what connecting to AOL in 1995 felt like.
Dial-Up Modem Noise 700% Slower Becomes Ambient Opus
By Ben Popken June 30, 2011
- life in the stone age 83-Year-Old Racks Up $24,289 In AT&T Charges By Still Using AOL Dial-Up
- what's a baud? Web Host Protests Botched Net Neutrality By Throttling FCC To Dial-Up Speeds
- drive-by modeming Comcast Will Send A New Cable Modem Whether You Order One Or Not
- the future soonish Qualcomm’s New LTE Gigabit Modem Will Make Phones Very Fast… If It Ever Gets A Network To Connect To
- comcast vs reality Comcast Charges Customer $1500 For Data They Didn’t Use, Insists Meter Is Perfect