Remember that Bieber track that turned into a symphonic masterpiece once it was slowed down 800%? Yes? No? Well you might as well kill yourself, Brian Eno, because here’s an old-school dial-up modem slowed down 700% , becoming an epic soundscape of terrifying drones and robotic wails, punctuated by tsunamis of static. Ah, it really captures the essence of what connecting to AOL in 1995 felt like.
Dial-Up Modem Noise 700% Slower Becomes Ambient Opus
By Ben Popken June 30, 2011
More From Consumerist
- Qualcomm’s New LTE Gigabit Modem Will Make Phones Very Fast… If It Ever Gets A Network To Connect To
- Report: Butt Dials Are Clogging The 9-1-1 System
- Police: Man Planning A Burglary Tipped Off Officials After Butt-Dialing 9-1-1
- Senators Ask Why Cable Companies Continue Charging Customers For Modems They Don’t Have
- Why Is Comcast Interrupting My Web-Browsing To Upsell Me On A New Modem?