Remember that Bieber track that turned into a symphonic masterpiece once it was slowed down 800%? Yes? No? Well you might as well kill yourself, Brian Eno, because here’s an old-school dial-up modem slowed down 700% , becoming an epic soundscape of terrifying drones and robotic wails, punctuated by tsunamis of static. Ah, it really captures the essence of what connecting to AOL in 1995 felt like.
Dial-Up Modem Noise 700% Slower Becomes Ambient Opus
By Ben Popken June 30, 2011
- the future soonish Qualcomm’s New LTE Gigabit Modem Will Make Phones Very Fast… If It Ever Gets A Network To Connect To
- comcast vs reality Comcast Charges Customer $1500 For Data They Didn’t Use, Insists Meter Is Perfect
- that was quick Time Warner Cable Raising Rates In New York After State Okays Merger With Charter
- hello? hello? Report: Butt Dials Are Clogging The 9-1-1 System
- the phantom menace Senators Ask Why Cable Companies Continue Charging Customers For Modems They Don’t Have