The Rubicon has been crossed. Netflix now has more people subscribed to it than Comcast. Netflix reported 23.6 million subscribers at the end of the 2011 first quarter, while Comcast ended 2010 with 22.8 million. (They could still possibly report more but considering that they’ve been dropping the past few quarters, it’s unlikely). See, we don’t need to worry about hegemony or legal monopolies, they’ll just obsolete themselves out of business.
Netflix Now Has More Subscribers Than Comcast
By Ben Popken April 28, 2011
- you get what you pay for Now That Netflix Is Paying Comcast, Users Finally Get Decent Speeds… But At What Cost?
- fighting words Time Warner CEO Isn’t Worried About Cable TV’s Fate: “Netflix Is Good, But Not That Good”
- what is 'tv' anyway You Can (Eventually) Use The Netflix App On Your Comcast Cable Box
- kabletown calling Could Comcast Try To Buy Netflix Or T-Mobile If Time Warner Cable Deal Fails?
- you get what you pay extra for What A Difference A Payoff Makes: Comcast Customers Now Seeing Decent Netflix Speeds