The Rubicon has been crossed. Netflix now has more people subscribed to it than Comcast. Netflix reported 23.6 million subscribers at the end of the 2011 first quarter, while Comcast ended 2010 with 22.8 million. (They could still possibly report more but considering that they’ve been dropping the past few quarters, it’s unlikely). See, we don’t need to worry about hegemony or legal monopolies, they’ll just obsolete themselves out of business.
Netflix Now Has More Subscribers Than Comcast
By Ben Popken April 28, 2011
- what is 'tv' anyway You Can (Eventually) Use The Netflix App On Your Comcast Cable Box
- before binge watching was cool Time Warner CEO: HBO Is The Original Netflix
- the online era Comcast Excited To Have Lost 4,000 TV Subscribers This Spring
- the modern channel-surfer Does Cord-Cutting Always Automatically Save You Money?
- hulow can you go? Hulu Drops Price To $5.99, But Only For New Users & Only For 12 Months