Remember those stories about the drywall sold and installed by big American chains that turned out to be contaminated by noxious sulfur smells? Well, now Lowe’s has upped its max payout for affected homeowners from a max of $4,500 in cash and gift cards to $100,000. Replacing the amount of appliances and other possessions irreversibly tainted by the horrid smell can easily reach that one-hundred grand mark so this is a step in the right direction, and lays bare how paltry Lowe’s initial offer was. It’s just business, baby, stinky, stinky, business.
Lowes Ups Stinky Drywall Settlement From $4,500 To $100,000
By Ben Popken March 25, 2011
- putting it to bed Neiman Marcus Agrees To Pay $1.6M To Settle 2013 Data Breach Class Action Lawsuit
- that stinks Complaints About Marijuana Odor From Colorado Grow House Lead To $14K In Fines
- double the offer Lyft Agrees To $27 Million Settlement To Keep Drivers As Independent Contractors
- here's some more money Wells Fargo Adds Another $32 Million To Fake Account Settlement; Will Cover Customers Going Back To 2002
- whose pillow? MyPillow Subjected To Plenty Of Legal Tossing And Turning