Remember those stories about the drywall sold and installed by big American chains that turned out to be contaminated by noxious sulfur smells? Well, now Lowe’s has upped its max payout for affected homeowners from a max of $4,500 in cash and gift cards to $100,000. Replacing the amount of appliances and other possessions irreversibly tainted by the horrid smell can easily reach that one-hundred grand mark so this is a step in the right direction, and lays bare how paltry Lowe’s initial offer was. It’s just business, baby, stinky, stinky, business.
Lowes Ups Stinky Drywall Settlement From $4,500 To $100,000
By Ben Popken March 25, 2011
- double the offer Lyft Agrees To $27 Million Settlement To Keep Drivers As Independent Contractors
- drop in the bucket Chase To Pay Out $300 Million Over Home Insurance Allegations
- paying what's due Bank Of America Reportedly Settles Overtime Lawsuit For $36 Million
- whose pillow? MyPillow Subjected To Plenty Of Legal Tossing And Turning
- Gift card or check? Owners Of Nike+FuelBands Eligible For $15 Check Or $25 Gift Card Under Class-Action Settlement