Brandon has been waiting since Jan 20 for Google Voice to port his cellphone number. First he tried to port on Jan 20, then it said there was an error, so he tried again on Jan 30. He paid the $20 fee both times. The whole process is supposed to take 24 hours. He’s tried posting in their “Help Center,” as their welcome email suggests, but no luck. Just limbo. Hm. Maybe Google should stay out of businesses that require customer service. Have you tried getting in touch with your ex-wireless provider’s porting department and asking what the status is? UPDATE: Brandon reports his port over from AT&T has now gone through. Huzzah!
Google Voice Number Porting Stalled For 19 Days
By Ben Popken February 8, 2011
More From Consumerist
- Downsizing Rumors, Wireless Tests, Few Subscribers: What Exactly Is Going With Google Fiber?
- 4 Things We Learned About Fake Locksmith Scammers Lurking Online
- No, Yelp’s Star Ratings Don’t Make It Liable For Bad Reviews
- Axl Rose Fails At Scrubbing Internet Of Unflattering Photos
- Google Fiber Sends You Flowers, Hopes You’ll Break Up With Cable Company