Private employers hired 187,000 new employees in January, according to data released today by ADP. This was 47,000 more than economists expected. The number comes in advance of Friday’s Labor Department jobs report. [Marketwatch]
Employers Hired 187k Employees In Jan, 47k More Than Expected
By Ben Popken February 2, 2011
- workin' for a livin' Bill Aims To Stop Employers From Incorrectly Classifying Employees As Independent Contractors
- switching sides Did Big Pharma Hire Dozens Of DEA Officials To Reduce Scrutiny Of Opioid Painkillers?
- next-level identity theft New Payroll Fraud Variation: Scammers Gain Access To Corporate ADP Accounts
- not good OSHA Issues Citations Following Worker Death At Amazon Warehouse
- you're hired Popeyes Job Applicant Gets Hired After Helping To Stop A Robbery