Markets held onto a rally Monday, spurred by news of continuing manufacturing sector growth. The Dow gained .98% in mid-morning trading, the S&P 1.24% and the Nasdaq 1.7%. But don’t start firing up your Scottrades and Etrades just yet unless you’ve got a fifth of Pepto in your desk drawer. 2011 is looking to be just as rocky as ever.
Markets Hit 2011 With A Jump
By Ben Popken January 3, 2011
More From Consumerist
- Playboy Reportedly Looking To Sell Itself
- There’s More Money Loaded On Starbucks Cards Than Customer Deposits At Several Banks
- Aeropostale Delisted For “Abnormally Low” Trading Price After Possible Bankruptcy Report
- Sprint’s Parent Company Spending $32 Billion To Buy A Piece Of Everyone’s Phones
- Tide’s Answer To Slumping Sales? Use More Detergent Pods!