Markets held onto a rally Monday, spurred by news of continuing manufacturing sector growth. The Dow gained .98% in mid-morning trading, the S&P 1.24% and the Nasdaq 1.7%. But don’t start firing up your Scottrades and Etrades just yet unless you’ve got a fifth of Pepto in your desk drawer. 2011 is looking to be just as rocky as ever.
Markets Hit 2011 With A Jump
By Ben Popken January 3, 2011
- cupcake crash Crumbs Shuts Down All Of Its Cupcake Stores
- the juice will be loose Procter & Gamble Is Planning To Ditch Its Duracell Battery Business
- stashing cash There’s More Money Loaded On Starbucks Cards Than Customer Deposits At Several Banks
- Taking it for a test drive West Elm Launching A Hotel Chain Where Guests Can Test Drive Furnishings, Buy Online
- never clean! Tide’s Answer To Slumping Sales? Use More Detergent Pods!