Markets held onto a rally Monday, spurred by news of continuing manufacturing sector growth. The Dow gained .98% in mid-morning trading, the S&P 1.24% and the Nasdaq 1.7%. But don’t start firing up your Scottrades and Etrades just yet unless you’ve got a fifth of Pepto in your desk drawer. 2011 is looking to be just as rocky as ever.
Markets Hit 2011 With A Jump
By Ben Popken January 3, 2011
- cupcake crash Crumbs Shuts Down All Of Its Cupcake Stores
- people very familiar with the matter Wall Street Journal’s Story On Wall Street Journal Hack May Be The Strangest Thing You Read Today
- Taking it for a test drive West Elm Launching A Hotel Chain Where Guests Can Test Drive Furnishings, Buy Online
- selling it all.... maybe Playboy Reportedly Looking To Sell Itself
- where the shoppers are Lands’ End Partners Up With Amazon To Move Some Clothes