A restaurant owner had a sizzling idea: a bikini bacon contest. Women were judged based on patron hoots and hollers in their ability to wear bikinis made out of woven bacon. The proceeds from the night and from the raffle tickets were all to go to a foundation for juvenile diabetes. Sounds great, except the charity doesn’t exist. CBS Sacramento’s Call Kurtis investigates.
Man Holds Bikini Bacon Contest For Charity. Except Charity Doesn't Exist.
By Ben Popken November 18, 2010
- starting from scratch In Wake Of Storms, Don’t Be Taken In By Home-Repair Scams Or Fake Charities
- don't be taken in As Floods Ravage Louisiana, Here’s How To Avoid Home Repair & Charity Scams
- bacon is the new bacon Panera Nixing Artificial Additives In New “Clean Bacon”
- '90s revival Slamming, A Classic ’90s Phone Scam, Is Still Alive And Well
- Cutting Down On Fraud MoneyGram To Pay $13M, Revamp Policies To Protect Against Wire Transfer Fraud