A restaurant owner had a sizzling idea: a bikini bacon contest. Women were judged based on patron hoots and hollers in their ability to wear bikinis made out of woven bacon. The proceeds from the night and from the raffle tickets were all to go to a foundation for juvenile diabetes. Sounds great, except the charity doesn’t exist. CBS Sacramento’s Call Kurtis investigates.
Man Holds Bikini Bacon Contest For Charity. Except Charity Doesn't Exist.
By Ben Popken November 18, 2010
More From Consumerist
- In Wake Of Storms, Don’t Be Taken In By Home-Repair Scams Or Fake Charities
- As Floods Ravage Louisiana, Here’s How To Avoid Home Repair & Charity Scams
- Slamming, A Classic ’90s Phone Scam, Is Still Alive And Well
- Panera Nixing Artificial Additives In New “Clean Bacon”
- Oscar Mayer Wants To Put All The Love In One Place With Bacon Dating App