Annie Leonard is back with another engaging and frightening look at how our disposable electronics are trashing the earth. The concept is that our favorite gadgets are “designed for the dump,” because they’re “hard to upgrade, easy to break, and impracticable to repair.” For instance, her DVD player broke and the fix-it guy wanted $50 just to look at it. Why bother when you can get a new one at Target for $39? Something about this system has got to change.
How Gadgets Designed For The Dump Are Killing The Planet
By Ben Popken November 12, 2010
- that's cold Samsung’s Smart Hub Refrigerator Doesn’t Look Very Smart Yet
- pass it on If You’ve Received The Gift Of New Gadgets, Recycle The Old Ones Or Pass Them On
- what am i eating Diet App Claims To Help You Watch Your Weight By Scanning The Molecules In Your Food
- radioshack afterlife Radioshack Franchisee On Martha’s Vineyard To Close, Store Dog Will Also Retire
- not as private as you think Medical Data Privacy Laws Don’t Actually Cover Apps, Wearables, And Other Consumer Stuff