Before the kid gets on the bus, he has to swipe his electronic ID card. When he gets off, swipe again. The $16,000 kid-tracking system rolled out in a southwest Illinois suburban school district this week lets the school know where every bus and child is at all times. Parents and school administrators say it’s a welcome relief, but is it too Orwellian?
GPS And ID Card Tracks When Your Kid Gets On And Off Schoolbus
By Ben Popken September 1, 2010
More From Consumerist
- Stolen School Bus Turns Vitamin Shoppe Into A Drive-Thru Store
- Why Did Two Of My Kohl’s Store Credit Card Payments Go Missing?
- Google Gets Access To Your Kids’ Data Because It’s A “School Official”
- Poison Control Centers Say More Kids Under The Age Of 12 Are Getting Drunk On Hand Sanitizer
- Colleges Warned About Making Secret Deals With Credit Card Companies