Before the kid gets on the bus, he has to swipe his electronic ID card. When he gets off, swipe again. The $16,000 kid-tracking system rolled out in a southwest Illinois suburban school district this week lets the school know where every bus and child is at all times. Parents and school administrators say it’s a welcome relief, but is it too Orwellian?
GPS And ID Card Tracks When Your Kid Gets On And Off Schoolbus
By Ben Popken September 1, 2010
- skim scam flimflam Cops Using GPS To Track Credit Card-Skimming Devices Back To Scammers
- what privacy Your Kids’ School-Owned Devices Are Spying On Them, Report Finds
- kids today Parents Using Uber To Chauffeur Kids To School, Even Though It’s Not Allowed
- wrong turn Stolen School Bus Turns Vitamin Shoppe Into A Drive-Thru Store
- mystery meat Community Furious That School Cafeterias Served Smelly 6-Year-Old Pork To Kids