One month ago, Verizon Wireless’s CFO hinted in an interview that the company might follow AT&T’s lead and replace unlimited data plans with tiered ones. Now Engadget is reporting that the switch might come on July 29th. Because this is just a rumor so far, there’s no word yet on whether Verizon will offer the same 200 MB / 2 GB split as AT&T or whether it will grandfather in existing unlimited customers.
Verizon May Introduce Tiered Data Plans As Early As Next Week
By cwalters July 21, 2010
- the limits of unlimited T-Mobile CEO Tries To Explain $15/Month Price Hike For Unlimited Plan
- read the fine print Sprint Promises To Actually Cut Your Bill In Half This Time, Maybe
- the limited unlimited Sprint’s $20 “Unlimited” Plan Is Anything But; Throttles Data After 1GB
- it's your choice now Netflix Introduces Data Usage Controls For Mobile Users
- dispatches from the death star AT&T’s Remaining Unlimited Data Customers Getting $5/Month Rate Hike In 2016