One month ago, Verizon Wireless’s CFO hinted in an interview that the company might follow AT&T’s lead and replace unlimited data plans with tiered ones. Now Engadget is reporting that the switch might come on July 29th. Because this is just a rumor so far, there’s no word yet on whether Verizon will offer the same 200 MB / 2 GB split as AT&T or whether it will grandfather in existing unlimited customers.
Verizon May Introduce Tiered Data Plans As Early As Next Week
By cwalters July 21, 2010
- stop picking on us Verizon’s Defense For LTE Throttling: We’re Not Going After Unlimited Users; They’re Just Data Hogs
- what you see isn't what you get Why AT&T Is Being Sued Over Data Throttling But Verizon Isn’t (Yet)
- kids today Verizon’s “All Kids Do It” Excuse For Throttling Isn’t Good Enough For FCC Chair
- striking back at the empire AT&T Sued By Feds For Throttling “Unlimited” Wireless Customers
- the limits of unlimited T-Mobile CEO Tries To Explain $15/Month Price Hike For Unlimited Plan