The BBB says people are reporting seeing a new phishing scam going around that masquerades as an Amazon order alert. It arrives as a confirmation email with a product description, price, and Amazon logo. Naturally, if you click the provided account link to cancel the order or see whether you were actually charged for the item, the login screen you’ll be taken to won’t be Amazon.
Watch Out For Amazon Scam Making The Rounds
By cwalters July 20, 2010
- love lies Protect Your Heart (And Wallet) From These Valentine’s Day Scams
- e-zpass Watch Out For This Spoofed E-Mail From E-ZPass
- scamalama-ding-dong Scam Alert: No One From Netflix Will Ever Ask For Remote Access To Your Computer
- Scammy Scams Don’t Know The Number? Don’t Return The Call – It’s A Scam, Better Business Bureau Warns
- scamalama-ding-dong AAA: E-ZPass Users Targeted By Phishing Scam Demanding Money For Unpaid Tolls