iPhone 4 Catches Fire, Burns Hand

An AT&T insider sent Boy Genius Report these pictures of an iPhone 4 that burst into flames after a customer tried to hook it up to his computer.

According to the source, the fire was a result of a defective USB port on the phone. The iPhone 4 reportedly got very hot, slightly burning the customer’s hand, and the port was melted a little bit and the USB cord melted up real good.

I’ve heard the iPhone 4 was a hot gadget but this is ridiculous.

iPhone 4 bursts into flames, burns hand [Boy Genius Report] (Thanks to Robert!)

Want more consumer news? Visit our parent organization, Consumer Reports, for the latest on scams, recalls, and other consumer issues.